Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Auto Loan?

tag
arl12345
Valued Member

Refinance Auto Loan?

My husband and I have been working on our credit for a year and a half. I have brought all of my fico scores except Experian (boo) to around the 630-640. Experian is a 618. When we purchased our brand new Altima last November we got it at a 9.99% interest for 75 months with our credit union. I love our credit union! Our goal is to purchase a house in 2016 so we obtain credit, have been using it wisely, ALL baddies will fall off by 2015, and I feel we will meet our goal of becoming first-time home buyers by our 2016.

My question is should we refinance our car. Our January payment will mark our one year of paying for the car. March will mark 6 months from the last CC we obtained. I feel that if we refinance in March through our credit union they will give us a better interest rate this time around and our payments will be lower than what they are now, which will help our debt to credit ratio when we finally are ready for our mortgage loan.

Should we refinance or should we leave it alone and continue as is, thoughts?

Starting Score Average: EQ 569 TU 501 EX 562
Current Score: EQ 667 TU 757 EX 656
Goal Score Average: 800 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Refinance Auto Loan?

If you can get a lower rate I would refinance it

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.