cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance - Credit has improved but should i wait a bit more?

tag
baddebt2014

Refinance - Credit has improved but should i wait a bit more?

In Nov 2013 I purchased a VW (New) with a $5k down payment. They agreed but at 14.9% due to having a few baddies and one completely paid auto loan through Santander. Since that day I have cleaned off all the baddies and have within the last 30 days been approved for a C1 card at $300 that they just bumped to $1150. A credit 1 card for 300, 700 Amazon and 150 Walmart. My AAoA is now 3 months and my utilization is around 4% on the C! with the rest $0

I would like to refi the VW. I am not upside down, actually am ahead about $3k. Should I try a HP for refi? Suggestions on who? Or should I garden for a bit more then try. I am a member of OCTFCU and can try there.

Any advice is appreciated. Lowering that rate would save some serious $$$

TU is 653 and 710 Vantage and the others are around 690.

Thanks,
MM

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinance - Credit has improved but should i wait a bit more?

There are a lot of post regarding dcu. Maybe you should look into it. 

Message 2 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I'd go with a local credit union.

I was able to refinance my car with a local CU down to 2.69% and saved over 150/month.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
I'd go with a local credit union.

I was able to refinance my car with a local CU down to 2.69% and saved over 150/month.

+1

my first loan was at 16.5% with no credit, CU gave me a chance, i went back for another loan and now im at 1.9% just after 1 year with them, I will probibly use them for the rest of my life now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.