cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance Options (currently with Credit Acceptance)

tag
SSTO
Valued Member

Refinance Options (currently with Credit Acceptance)

Hi,

I've been milling on here for a while and have gotten some great advice which I'm very thankful for.  I currently have a car loan with Credit Acceptance Corp. The car loan is 13 months old (no lates) and I am paying 18.99% with a 10 day pay off of about 8,500.00.   I went to refinance with Digital Federal Credit union and was approved for 8.99% for 60 months - which would have been great, but when I went to join the Credit Union, I was denied because of an issue with ChexSystems.  The ChexSystems issue is pretty current, so it's not going anywhere for a while.  I was going to try to refinance again online, but will most of these refinancie places need me to become a member of their credit union?  My Fico score on here right now is 643...not the best, but it's slowly improving.  I did a lot of damage to it with way too many inquiries, but I'd LOVE to be able to refinance, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Refinance Options (currently with Credit Acceptance)

Any credit union is going to require you to become a member. Whether they all will check the ChexSystems report i wouldn't know but I am willing to bet that most will. If you really want to refinance right now you are probably going to have to use a bank that doesn't require an account. Although your credit score is not terrible it is not the best either. i would probably suggest an application with Capital One auto and see what they come back with. If they deny then you may want to just bite the bullet for a little while and let things settle down on your credit report. A continued application spree is going to result in more negative than positive outcomes.

I know when I had a high interest auto loan after a period of time I had companies sending me offers in the mail for a refinance that would save me money. Have you gotten any offers such as that?

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
SSTO
Valued Member

Re: Refinance Options (currently with Credit Acceptance)

Hi, Thanks for the reply.  I think I may just hold off a bit and let my scores increase...another few months won't hurt me.  I may have gotten some refinance offers in the mail, but I honestlly always think of them as scams and just throw them out.  I will start paying closer attention to them next time! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.