Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance after chapter 7

tag
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Refinance after chapter 7

I discharged from chapter 7 in July and got approved at 18.99/72 months through WFDS about 2 weeks after discharging. I just joined a local credit union and was approved at 6.99 for 66 months. I added gap, life insurance policy ,and a warranty that covers to 100k miles as my factory warranty has less than 2000 miles left. Dropped the payment from 441 to 379 and no payment due until April 28th.

I want to thank those  on here who have mentioned credit unions. I'm not sure what credit score they used but my fico 8 scores are from 624-629.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Refinance after chapter 7

@incognitony wrote:

I discharged from chapter 7 in July and got approved at 18.99/72 months through WFDS about 2 weeks after discharging. I just joined a local credit union and was approved at 6.99 for 66 months. I added gap, life insurance policy ,and a warranty that covers to 100k miles as my factory warranty has less than 2000 miles left. Dropped the payment from 441 to 379 and no payment due until April 28th.

I want to thank those  on here who have mentioned credit unions. I'm not sure what credit score they used but my fico 8 scores are from 624-629.

Thats awesome! I would love to refi my car payment to lower my DTI for a mortgage. But I also dont want to waste an inquiry and a refin not be possible!  Congratulations!!!! 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi incognitony,

Congrats on the approval! I wanted to ask a couple of questions. I had my BK discharged 08/2015 and also was approved for a loan with Prestige financial at 14%. My scores now are around the same as yours. Did you run into any problems with LTV? Also if you dont mind me asking what credit union?

Message 3 of 4
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi incognitony,

Congrats on the approval! I wanted to ask a couple of questions. I had my BK discharged 08/2015 and also was approved for a loan with Prestige financial at 14%. My scores now are around the same as yours. Did you run into any problems with LTV? Also if you dont mind me asking what credit union?

They were fine with up to 120% LTV based on NADA retail value and my loan was at about 106%. It was a local credit union, Ashland CU. Membership is limited to areas in KY and MN. They just pulled my Experian Fico 8 that was 624 at the time. Some of the credit unions are not worried about past BK, just the score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.