Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance - recommendations?

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Refinance - recommendations?

It is time for me to refinance my auto loan, after I close on my home. I have had it for about 18 months, it is a 5 year loan, I have not missed a payment. APR is 9%. I had like a 625 when I got it, my mid score is now 704, and I am sure auto enhanced will be higher. It was a great score builder, and I am sure my scores will take a hit from the refi, but I imagine I can save like $100/month so it would be crazy not to do it.

Any recommendations on who to go to? I was thinking this may be a good opportunity to join a credit union, but I don't really know much about them. I am going to be happy to be able to app and trade in this craptastic Credit One card at last!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Refinance - recommendations?

I just refinanced with DCU for 1.99% for 60 months.  They said my EQ score was 680.  The process was quick & easy, and I just saw that my old lienholder processed the payoff today (took about a week).  To get the 0.5% discount on the loan from 2.49% you need to have e-statements, and direct deposit your "net pay" - which from what I've found on other boards, $500/mo should suffice.

http://www.dcu.org

I also got their rewards CC w/ the same pull.

You can join by making a $10 contribution to a school charity - they'll do that with you when you open the account.  Everyone I've dealt with there so far has been very friendly and helpful.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.