Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinanced car 1 month ago, accident, total loss...UGH

tag
baskball33
Valued Member

Refinanced car 1 month ago, accident, total loss...UGH

I was thrilled to refinance my car with my credit union which reduced my payments by $50.  I had a no fault accident and now my car is a total loss and I am again car shopping.  I've only had this car for about 1.5 yrs and I LOVED it. 

Anyway, my question to everyone here...My old car loan has not even been updated on my credit report yet and the insurance company just declared it a total loss, so I also have the new loan on there.  When my credit union tries to approve me for a car loan, will they take into account that I have two car loans showing on my report that are actually paid off?  I am not sure what I am going to do if I can't get approved for a loan.  I thought I was done with credit shopping for a long time. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
baskball33
Valued Member

Re: Refinanced car 1 month ago, accident, total loss...UGH

PHEW, what a relief..I was approved for the 8k 2% lower than my refinance even.  I feel a little better.  Now I am just waiting to see what the insurance company will offer me.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.