Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing My Fiancée's Car

tag
rios138
New Contributor

Re: Refinancing My Fiancée's Car

I have crappy credit and just refinanced my car through capital one auto finance. I think my score was about a 577 FICO when I applied. 

My rate dropped from 15.99% to 10.26%.  I had 60 months left and about $17500 ($430/mo) approximately left on the loan and refianced it for 48 months (@$450/mo) and the payment only went up $20 .  I think I will end up saving about $4k.

Message 11 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I agree with the other posters...don't sign on to his debt especially when he is not officially your spouse then you might not get married...got forbid and you'll be signed onto the duration of the loan. Not a good idea.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 14
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Please don't cosign on this or anything else ever.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 13 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My husband had a crappy 22% rate with gm financial. While I wasn't willing to cosign the refinancing of the debt. I was willing to pay the total amount off for him. We've been married for a year and even now I am comfortable with the decision, because I was willing and able to pay off his car because I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he wasn't marrying me for money and that it was all going to work out.

He never asked for me to do this, but it was the right thing to do in my situation.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.