cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing Question Roadloans now or NFCU later or both?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinancing Question Roadloans now or NFCU later or both?

My BK was discharged Nov 2, 2015 and 25 days later I was able to get a new Honda Civic LX Coupe financed through Honda Financial with a 17.75% rate for 72 months.  I applied at Roadloans today and they will refinance me at 12.99% for 60 months which will lower my payment about $30.00 a month and save about $2,800 for the life of the loan or I could lower my loan payment about $80.00 a month if I go for 72 months which I think is not good. 

Roadloans said I could refinance with them in 6 months for a lower rate.

I could refinance possibly with Navy Federal CU but I would have to wait 1 year post BK before I could apply.

Would it be a good idea to refinance now with Roadloans to lower my payments and shorten my loan term or should I wait till 1 year BK and see what rate I could get with NFCU?

My FICO auto enhanced seem to still be below 600 at this time.

Unfortunately, I can't go with Capital One Auto since I burned them in my BK and burned Capital One with a couple credit cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing Question Roadloans now or NFCU later or both?

Got the documents and can see the actual payments for my 2015 Honda Civic Coupe LX.

Here is the breakdown from Roadloans:

APR = 12.99%

Finance Charge = $6,578.88

Amount Financed = $17,673.12

Total of Payments = $24,252.00

Monthly payments = 60 months X $404.20

Savings of $19.80 per month

Now I am not sure if it would be worth going with this loan.  Since I would only be shortening by 2-3 months and my next payment would be due in 30-45 days.  But I guess my main question is would this in the long run help my credit score and make it easier to refinance with a CU or not?

Or would it be better to stay with Honda Financial and wait till the end of the year?

I have read mixed reviews about Roadloans.  Roadloans sent me paperwork with my CS with Experian was 577.

Message 2 of 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Refinancing Question Roadloans now or NFCU later or both?

If it were me I would wait and use NFCU at the 12 month mark.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.