Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected! Where to apply?

tag
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Rejected! Where to apply?

NO, that isn't what is going on. They are pulling reports from EX, EQ, or TU. One concern removed but I don't know how much that helps.

CreditKarma will give you a TU TransRisk Score - meaning it is based upon data in your TU report. That score is used by zero lenders of any kind. They also have a TU Vantage Score that is used by a very small number of lenders. I think it is fairly safe to say none or almost none of those are car lenders.

CreditSesame will give you a EX CE Score - meaning it is based upon data in your EX report. That score is used by zero lenders of any kind.

I don't know anything about Quizzle but would be totally shocked if their score was used by any lender.

The EQ FICO offered here is the exact score used for EQ for virtually all mortgages. Some auto lenders will use that, some will use the Auto Industry version of that, some will use a later version (called Beacon 9) or the Auto Industry version of that. Paying $20 for that is probably worthwhile for you.

The TU FICO offered here is worth far, far more than any of the scores you have been pulling but still not worth much. I wouldn't advise paying $20 for that unless you want more info than the EQ FICO gives you.

FICO dedupes multiple auto inquiries in a short period - 15-45 days depending on exact version.

This could be all academic anyway. If you have been declined by lenders like BofA and CapOne for an auto loan we need to know the reason. I believe that any declined application that generated an inquiry is required to mail you a letter with the score information on it such as "Your score from EQ was 540 in the range of 250-900".

I will defer to others to help you on that subject.

Message 11 of 15
IOBA
Senior Contributor

It may be worth it to invest in your car to have it pass inspection.   

In the long run, it's probably cheaper to invest in the car now, pass inspection, let your credit heal/build, save some money, and then try to purchase a new vehicle.

Whichever path you choose to take, good luck.

Message 12 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

With 568 for score you definitely can get a loan but around 18-20% interest.

I had a score of 558 and got a $15k loan from GM Financial at 14% last year. Then once your score gets in the high 600's you can refi to a rate betwen 4.5-7%

Message 13 of 15
cd2004
Regular Contributor

I was approved by carfinance.com from lending tree at 16.34% a few wks ago but did not go through with the loan because it needs to be from a franchise dealership.. I got a loan last year from crescent bank and my score was 515 and I have collections, judgements and charge off. I got a $15k loan but the interest was 24%, I refinance with capital one 6mths later

Current 3B scores May 2022: EQ: 806 TU: 798 EX: 797
Message 14 of 15
DuoJet

I finally did receive some loan offers. The best yet being from Subaru @ 11% with 15% down for a 20K loan on a used car. Not bad but not great either. My auto-enchanced scores turned out to be 657 for TU and 687 for EQ.

I think it'll be best to wait for 2012, Then, some inquiries and a derog will disappear, my CL will be higher, and I'll have a year-long history of "paid as agreed" on a card or two.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.