Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo sold at auction question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repo sold at auction question

My husband and I bought a vehicle in May of this year. It was repo'd in July on the banks error for the most part we were two days late on  a payment and they showed up at our door at 330am to take the car back. They then wanted us to pay them almost 4grand to get the car back. They were not applying but the regular payment amount to the car note not what we would have paid to get it back. We couldnt come up with that amount so we let the car go as it just wasnt worth paying that much for the car. We realize the ramifications of the repo but it was auctioned on oct 19th (not advertised or anything either). Anyway they said we owed 13276.15 on the car as of 7/16/08 (the day it was repo'd) That is with ALL finance charges. The car sold for $8600 leaving a total amount due of $4673.15 BUT they then added a credit to the account in the amount of $5605.11 Well that left a surplus of $422.96 how is that gonna affect our credit because they are sending us a check for the $422.96. The car is totally paid off.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Repo sold at auction question

It'll still impact you in a big way (well, should be reporting as a repo by now). The moment they took your car, it became a repo. And the OC may report as a paid CO. But I bet that repo reference is hurting you a lot more.

How is it reporting now?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is only reporting 60 days late they havent ever put it as repo or collection/charge off.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Got lucky there. IMO, don't rock the boat. 60 days isn't too bad. If I was in that situation, I wouldn't even GW them.
Message 4 of 5
meehan20
Valued Member

I was lucky with the same with wiht a ex-Gf's Audi repo that i foolishly co-signed on... It is reporting late as well. I got HELLA lucky.
EQUIFAX
06/30/06- 713
12/12/07- 375
10/17/08- 457
3/10/2010- 519
$13,000 worth of debt still out there in collections/charged off accounts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.