Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SANTANDER – AKA My Last “Baddie”

tag
darrylbowen1959
Valued Member

SANTANDER – AKA My Last “Baddie”

I have a couple of quick questions to the gurus and pundits in these forums. As always, any advice would be most appreciated!

While I’m certainly not unhappy with my scores and I know they’re only going to continue their steady improvement, I am concerned / confused about my last negative account that is reporting.

It was for a car purchased in May of 2005. During the “downfall” of my finances, my relationship and of course my credit rating, the following occurred on this note:

2008 – 1 (30) Day Late

2009 – 9 (30) Day Late

2010 – 1 (30) Day Late and 2 (60) Day Late.

I was finally able to get control of the loan in November of 2010 and the car was traded in March 2011. The credit report shows the 81 month history but what is strange is that it continues to show a history until April 2012, more than a year after the note was paid off. Does anyone know if this is helping or hurting me? Is this something I should dispute as inaccurate because I would like to know how they are reporting a payment history for 13 months past when it was paid?

Also, I would be interested to know, should this “baddie” drop off my report counting from the date of first delinquency (Aug 2008) which would mean August of this year? That’d be sweet! By the way, “N/A” is shown in the “date of first delinquency” field – which I also think is odd.

Any help / advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Peace.

Darryl

29 Total Lines. 24 Major, 5 Retail. Total Avail = $218,710. Avg Util = 4%. TU/EQ/EXP CB Scores Avg = 755,

Re-entered the Garden 6/20/16 (accidentally - because I didn't read the fine print). Intend to stay through June, 2018.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: SANTANDER – AKA My Last “Baddie”

All credit reports showing the same or just 1?

If it's EX I might call and try to work with someone about getting it deleted little early as it reported open longer than it should have therefore should be deleted... (EX seems to not mind deleting things sometimes and sometimes can be convinces easily that you are in the right with a little confusion Smiley Tongue

If it's EQ, I wouldn't do a thing because those SOBS are libable to turn that into a repo or something crazy... I'm not kidding, unless you can afford an attorney I would not dispute things that seem to kind of settled with EQ because all of a sudden it shows new all over again or something... I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!

Message 2 of 3
darrylbowen1959
Valued Member

Re: SANTANDER – AKA My Last “Baddie”

Thanks for your reply. It is EQ so based upon your advice I will grin and bear it. Oddly they are my highest score at 735, other two in mid 720s. I appreciate the input....I'm quite happy with where I am, I just to strive for better if I can.

Thanks again!

Darryk

29 Total Lines. 24 Major, 5 Retail. Total Avail = $218,710. Avg Util = 4%. TU/EQ/EXP CB Scores Avg = 755,

Re-entered the Garden 6/20/16 (accidentally - because I didn't read the fine print). Intend to stay through June, 2018.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.