Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

Last night I was briefly reading a few posts and came across one that spoke of  seperate credit that tracks how you pay auto loans.  Is it really true that there is a complete  record of how I or anyone else may have paid an Auto loan over 10 years ago???? 

Is that really true? 

Can someone please elaborate?  I think I am going to be sickSmiley Frustrated

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

It isn't so!

Message 2 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JusdoNit wrote:

Last night I was briefly readina few posts and came across one that spoke of  seperate credit that tracks how you pay auto loans.  Is it really true that there is a complete  record of how I or anyone else may have paid an Auto loan over 10 years ago???? 

Is that really true? 

Can someone please elaborate?  I think I am going to be sickSmiley Frustrated

Here is a thread discussing FICO Auto Enhanced Scores that might answer some of your questions.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Thank you.  I read that and that is partly why I am asking? And if that really is the case; how long do they keep those records for.  Perhaps someone can explain it to me a bit clearer. thanks

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JusdoNit wrote:

Thank you.  I read that and that is partly why I am asking? And if that really is the case; how long do they keep those records for.  Perhaps someone can explain it to me a bit clearer. thanks

It's the same as any other type of record whether auto related or not. If the accounts are in good standing they generally report for about 10 years after being closed.

If you had late payments - 7 years from each individual date of delinquency,

Charge offs or collections - up to 7.5 years from the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency on the OC (Original Creditor) account that led to the CO or collection.

These are just a few examples. It all comes down to what your past credit profile looks like and how old items are.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Thanks for the clarification.  That is not how I took it at all.  I thought it was an ongoing record and items never fell off of it.Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.  That is not how I took it at all.  I thought it was an ongoing record and items never fell off of it.Smiley Surprised

Fortunately, it isn't. I don't want to look at my two repos for the rest of my life. And the FCRA prevents them from reporting it forever..Heart

Message 7 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Kind of makes me wonder if items people have successfully disputed off the big three are still lurking in the enhanced system.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 8 of 10
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Kind of makes me wonder if items people have successfully disputed off the big three are still lurking in the enhanced system.

That would be something. Wouldn't it?

Message 9 of 10
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I'm under the impression that the enhanced scoring models consist of the same info as the regular reports - just with more focus on certain account-types (auto, mortgage etc.).

Lenders can keep scoring-formulas to themselves - but I don't think that this would apply to the content of these reports as well.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.