cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!!SHADY DEALER!!!!! Need professional/factual response. Not opinions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: !!!!SHADY DEALER!!!!! Need professional/factual response. Not opinions.

thank you so very much misskiyota, for your patient and respectful response.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Absoutely NOT! a bank tried that same stunt with me and I told them to go you know where! BTW your score arent bad at all 685 is a decent score I have seen people with a lower score than that and get better deals! If i was you i would keep shopping  and take your time cause no matter the dealer tells you , you are the one thats going to be making the car payment NOT THEM!

So did you get a car?

From that transaction?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your very welcomeSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 18
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

A FICO score is not the only factor , you need the ability to re-pay, debt to income ratio, length at job etc.  My wife has a 750 FICO- but has no income. She would not get a loan.
Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-08-2009 05:59 AM
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondog7324 wrote:
A FICO score is not the only factor , you need the ability to re-pay, debt to income ratio, length at job etc.  My wife has a 750 FICO- but has no income. She would not get a loan.
Message Edited by moondog7324 on 05-08-2009 05:59 AM

I'll never forget the phone call I got:

"XXX Ford how can I help you?"

Female voice:

"I have a 730 credit score and I want to buy an Expedition EL you have any?"

"Yes I do can I get your name and phone number?"

YADA, YADA, YADA=

"Ok and before we go any further, would you be adverse to giving me your credit information over the phone so I can get my finance people working on the best rates you will qualify for?"

YADA: Name address, etc age 22 Rent 600 a month
Employment SSI Only 2130 a month

No other income, "Needs" Expediction for her 3 kids. Not currently receiving child support as the daddys are in jail.

No downpayment, not enough free income a month to support a car payment and insurance. But hey lets get em in and see if we have something.

No major positive entries on credit, no negatives  score in low 700s

"OK!"

"Ma'am I do not think that a brand new Expedition EL is in the cards for you, we have a great selection of used vehicles that may fit your needs"

"I WANT AN EXPEDITION EL AND I WANT IT- I HAVE A 730 CREDIT SCORE."

"Ma'am you are not going to get a new Expedition from me or any other dealership."

"Why? because I am XXXXX"

"No because you don't have a down payment and will get a monthly payment of $1,100 just for the vehicle. Add a hundred for insurance, 600 for rent and there's no real room for you to buy food and eat. No bank is going to give you a loan."

"I didn't know a payment would be $1,100."

"OK, its a $50,000 vehicle what payment did you expect a month?

"I know how much they cost, I was expecting maybe $300. Doesn't my score help I have a 730?"

Message 15 of 18
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

the only facts are that you can accept the offer or not. No one is obligated to loan you money and you are not obligated to accept a loan you don't like.

IMO this is not a great deal and I'd walk away.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend you take a breath, go to edmunds.com and look at what the car should really cost and what the dealer is paying for it.  Then, submit requests from there to their internet sales people for quotes.  I have had much better luck locking down good quotes and details by working with them via email only.  Then I had it in writing and they knew I was shopping around simultaneously with other dealers.  Just be sure to ask for the "itemized out the door price."  Don't let them give you a price and say "just add taxes/tag/title/fees" etc.  Sometimes those fees REALLY vary.  Then go to bankrate.com and see what your monthly payment would be at different loan terms.  Good luck!

Message 17 of 18
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea your best bet is to shop around! Do you have an account with any credit unions, if so you wouldnt even have to deal with that crap.

I have the perfect car  for you....Chrysler 300C....5.7 liter hemi...you cant go wrong there...lol

Good Luck, and i was just joking about the Chrysler, although they are fine vehicles!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.