Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Loan

tag
tvandine
Contributor

Santander Loan

So i've just got a certified used car, and i forgot totally who the bank was that i fianancied through, thanks to the dealer sending to many apps, oh well. How long does santander normally take to send me a White title in the mail so i can go get tags and plates?

Anyone experience this, or in general with any bank

Thanks!!

You don't even want to know how many cards i've got....

Credit Started May 31st, 2014 EQ:710|EX:712|TU:732 FICO:726
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
aav
Established Contributor

Re: Santander Loan

Had an auto lock an with them in 2010. We paid off the car in under two years and I think they sent it in about 2 weeks.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 2 of 8
tvandine
Contributor

I plan on refinancing the car after paying on this loan for a little while! it is 15.69% interest, but that is okay, i am a first buyer, and i got an expensive car. So i am not concerned about the rates, its understandable. My local CU wanted a co-signer, i did not want a cosigner on anything i got, just to know to myself i did it on my own!

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you have 700 Fico scores and took out a 16% auto loan!?!!!!!!!!!

What did you buy?

Message 4 of 8
tvandine
Contributor

Never had a installment loan, a lot of recent credit, also inquires. Banks say no no no to me on a good rate right now

Message 5 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Did you bother to talk to any credit unions?  Or only banks?

Message 6 of 8
tvandine
Contributor

Local CU wanted a Co-signer, i didn't want to go that route

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tvandine wrote:

I plan on refinancing the car after paying on this loan for a little while! it is 15.69% interest, but that is okay, i am a first buyer, and i got an expensive car. So i am not concerned about the rates, its understandable. My local CU wanted a co-signer, i did not want a cosigner on anything i got, just to know to myself i did it on my own!

Congrats on the new car and all that goes with it. But I agree that loan rate is outrageous. And I totally do not get it: 15% interest on a 5 yrs loan costs you 4.274K dollars for every 10K you borrowed. And you said you bought an expensive car. 

Personally, I'd have gotten the co-signed. I'd still know i paid off the car on my own and would happily be many thousands of dollars richer.. In fact my first bought car did have a co-signer and a 0.9% interest rate and my credit score was not nearly as high as yours. To me you paid too high a price for the pride of having done it withought a co-signer. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.