Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Santander?

Just curious what is the difference(if any)  between a Roadloans Approval check you get yourself and the dealer getting you financed through Santander. I have a Road Loans approval for 10.99 APR if needed(hopefully not)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Santander?

I would say that the dealer has more leverage, and more options, and might be able to beat your rate.  I'm sure they will at least try. 

'diver

Message 2 of 4
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

dealer will have more leverage, but Santander is not an easy profitable finance.

This is just my experience working PT in my familys' dealership..

Some people who were ONLY able to get Santander we actually PAID Santander to take the loan.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do birds is correct, dealers often times have to pay Santander to get the customer financed, for this reason I would consider Santander/Roadloans (same thing) a last resort, they also charge a fee to make payments online and yes their interest if high.  I had no choice but to take a 12.5% loan with them last year but after a few months of improving my scores was able to refi at 4.29% with NFCU.  Because of the fee that Santander charged my dealership I ended up paying about $500 more for the car than I probably would have otherwise.  I had one dealership say they would not do any deal if Santander was involved so if you can get approved from someone else then I suggest you do that.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.