Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score needed for best rate with DCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score needed for best rate with DCU?

Hello all. I've read quite a few posts here that say DCU is really good for auto loans. Does anyone have any knowledge of the score needed to get their best rate for a refinance? I'm looking to refinance about $36,000 so a low rate would be very beneficial. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Score needed for best rate with DCU?

You may also want to check out PenFed and see if you qualify for a refi with them.

Someone with a loan with DCU may be able to provide insight on their score requirements.

Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I believe its 740 using their scoring model which is not Fico 8 or 9. On my last car loan I was preapproved and 2 or 3 days before I sent in a buyers order - and had taken delivery of the car - my scores dipped 3 points to take me just under 740 (738 I think it was - I was 750+ on Fico 8) they kicked my APR up .25 percent, but said pay on time for 6 months and we'll reduce it which they did. Note this was February 2016.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your feedback!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all. I've read quite a few posts here that say DCU is really good for auto loans. Does anyone have any knowledge of the score needed to get their best rate for a refinance? I'm looking to refinance about $36,000 so a low rate would be very beneficial. Thanks in advance!

When we financed with DCU in Jan 2017 it was a 675 EQ04 to qualify for the best rate (1.74%). We just applied my DH has a 729 EQ04, he got the best rate which is now 2.24%. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.