cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advice

tag
jlw1095

Seeking advice

So i just turned 18 april 7th I have a wells fargo checking and savings been open for about 7 months(No overdrafts) And a recently opened vystar account(They offered me a 300$ personal life of credit each month which i havent used yet) so i do not have credit history at all, Ive been employed with quantem aviation services for about 3 months now. I live with my parents i do not have bills. Im pretty doubtfull that ill recieve an auto loan but what can i do to possibly even be considered?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Seeking advice

You will have to have one of your parents co-sign for you. I'd also suggest you apply for student credit cards to build your credit file. Remember you can check if you have anything on your credit report by going to annualcreditreport.com. Its free of charge with no entering any credit card information.

Message 2 of 5
jlw1095

Thanks for the advice sadly they refuse to co sign i mean i cant blame them because actidents happen but ill just spend a couple years hoping for the best while building credit and then try.

Message 3 of 5
Hoya08
Regular Contributor

Ask you parents to add you as an authorized user to one of their credit cards, if they have good/excellent credit scores.  That should help increase your credit score up.  In the mean time, save up for a down payment since you're parents mosto likely won't co-sign when you're ready to purchase.

Message 4 of 5
jlw1095

Will do ill just save about 4-5k to put down sense I'm not looking to finance more than 17k. Thanks for the advice y'all.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.