Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking assistance need approval with tax lien on reports

tag
vfree
Established Member

Seeking assistance need approval with tax lien on reports

Seems as if you guys know a lot about this stuff.  I'm in a situation where I got an auto loan w/bad credit w/capital one @ 18.2% interest I was desperate.  I have had a lien for a while and working on it.  Now I'm trying to figure out how I can get out of this loan I've had the car for 2 years now and still owe 13K original amount was 16K and not new this was a used car.  I got it through carmax.  Any help with this mess would be greatly appreciated.  My credit score is def higher then 2 years ago.

OP,

I started a new thread for you and changed your title but nothing else. I believe you'll get more responses.  

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Seeking assistance need approval with tax lien on reports

You're more than likely upside down on your loan. Only thing you can do is make bigger payments and get the LTV in a better range. Of course make sure other factors are good like DTI, ect. Try to refi when you can.

Message 2 of 17
Remember0
Valued Contributor

1) What is NADA Retail on your car? How much is owed currently?

2) What is your FICO score? Which bureau is it from?

Message 3 of 17
vfree
Established Member

I checked yesterday I owe 13K and per kelly blue book it is worth 9k-10k -

Message 4 of 17
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Do you have any down payment available?

And what's your FICO/bureau it's from?

Message 5 of 17
vfree
Established Member

what s DTI and what is LTV? Thank you so much.  I am thinking of selling it, and paying the 3k out of my pocket and purchasing a 2k car to get me through this nightmare.  If anyone is reading this please learn from me. I was desperate had no money and now i'm sort stuck trying to fix this mess.  All this money I'm getting is from a recent bonus I was lucky t get. So I need to get out of this.

Message 6 of 17
vfree
Established Member

I forgot to say that my fico score is 500 as of now.  It was 380 months ago

Message 7 of 17
Remember0
Valued Contributor

DTI = Debt to Income. (All minimum monthly payments from cc's+ new car payment if buying + rent/mortgage - old car payment)/Monthly PRE-tax gross income. Mortgages may use after tax income. Auto lenders like no more than 40%

LTV = loan amount / car value. Auto lenders use NADA Retail for used typically and MSRP for new. They like no more than 100%, but it can be worked up to 120%.

If you have 3k out of pocket, you can do what you're planning if you want. Either sell it and buy another car. OR work towards paying down the current car if it's reliable...

What's your FICO OP? If high enough, you can definitely look at refi'ing?

Message 8 of 17
vfree
Established Member

my current score is 500.  rent is 875, car 381, ins 177, other debt prob 300.  So you think refinance would be better rather than trying to sell?

Message 9 of 17
vfree
Established Member

payoff is at 13K as of today.  Value 9k-10k.  so yep i'm upside down.  I'm trying and think I can have the remainder $ if someone would pay the 9-10k do you think that would be better or try to refinance?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.