Did you mean: 

Sell or repo?

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Sell or repo?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for the pricing the Optima is a very nice car and I hope you are able to keep the car and your husband.

His anger stems from the fact that the money I'm paying for the car could be going to him because he was the only one working while I was in school. He expected to be fully reconstitued and I wasn't aware of this until recently. Bitter sweet to say the least. 

That's not how marriage works.  Best of luck to you

Message 31 of 37
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for the pricing the Optima is a very nice car and I hope you are able to keep the car and your husband.

His anger stems from the fact that the money I'm paying for the car could be going to him because he was the only one working while I was in school. He expected to be fully reconstitued and I wasn't aware of this until recently. Bitter sweet to say the least. 

Wow.  I think he needs a better understanding of the whole married part.  As I said earlier I wish you luck

Definitely needs a lesson on marriage and money

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 32 of 37
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Find a new husband. GL.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 33 of 37
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW that's pretty immature if you ask me. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 34 of 37
Justine_Alpha
Valued Member

actually they both do ;-)

buying a new car behind spouses back, yikes.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justine_Alpha wrote:

actually they both do ;-)

buying a new car behind spouses back, yikes.

It wasn't behind his back. I talked to him about it for about a month before I submitted my application. But that's neither here nor there at this point, lesson learned. Thanks for the feedback. 

Message 36 of 37
adabsi
Established Member

Sorry about your situation. Best case scenario is get someone to take over lease. Second best case scenario which most people will and are against but hey its 1 of my 2 pennies in this matter. We all should be objective. I have no idea which part of the country you live. Hope you have GAP insurance and make sure you do if you are going to do this. Look for a tree to park it under in a storm or park it somewhere it will get stolen easily or total it out the next time you see a deer or racoon on the road . And there you have it. Just my $0.02
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.