Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Attempt a DCU Refi?

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Should I Attempt a DCU Refi?

So I reallly need to get this 8.75% Apr down. I've been wanting to re-fi, CAP1 sends me letters every week, but it just seems that what they are offering really isn't much of a persuading factor. With that said I've noticed that doing my research on this board that DCU seems to be the best way to go. 
Current Auto Loan:
2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited $22,364
Chase Auto Loan 72 months @$397
Paid 14 months, on time, no lates
Remaining is $18,557.93

Should I go for it? My scores are in my siggy, up to date and awiting the EX update from MyFico. 
BTW: 1 paid collection & 1 judgemnet scheduled to be removed in October 2015, No lates on anything! 

I welcome all suggestions 
Thanks! Smiley Happy

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I Attempt a DCU Refi?

According to others here your score will need to be a min of 675 to get the best rate from DCU, 1.99% (1.49% with auto deposit).

You are almost there....what do you have for balances on your revolving credit cards (balances and limits)? Is it possible to pay down your utilization to bump your score a bit?

Message 2 of 4
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Yes I'm paying and have steadily seen great improvements each time a creditor reports. Looks like I'll be there sooner than later. Thanks for your response. I'm waiting for 2 Comenity cards to report 0 balances plus two cli on both of those cards. Also next week I'll be paying down a nice chunk of my QS. Looks like I need to garden for a wee bit more
Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can cut that APR in half right now and then in 6-8 months refi again and probably get another point or two.  I pulled the trigger and went from 12.57% to 4.29% and I am so happy I did. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.