Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Pay off Car or Refinance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Pay off Car or Refinance?

I have the options to either pay off my car or refinance. I've saved up quite a bit to pay off the auto loan with a current 25% interest rate. (I had a 515 credit score at the time of approval from CarMax). My car note is $644. Recently, Fleet Financial approved me for refinancing, and offered a monthly payment of $339 and 6% interest. My question is, should I go ahead and pay off the car while I can afford to, or refinance the car. I read in a few articles that paying off the car could hurt my credit score? Is this true? HELP!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Pay off Car or Refinance?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the options to either pay off my car or refinance. I've saved up quite a bit to pay off the auto loan with a current 25% interest rate. (I had a 515 credit score at the time of approval from CarMax). My car note is $644. Recently, Fleet Financial approved me for refinancing, and offered a monthly payment of $339 and 6% interest. My question is, should I go ahead and pay off the car while I can afford to, or refinance the car. I read in a few articles that paying off the car could hurt my credit score? Is this true? HELP!

For the 644 payment how many more months u have. For the 339 payment how many months is that for?? How many months have u already paid for the first loan?? Don't be too worry about score going down it will come back up cuz u will have an auto loan show as paid. Do u have credit cards?? Know what's ur current score??

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.