Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I attempt PenFed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I attempt PenFed?

Hi there,

Thank you in advance for those stopping by to read and contribute. I have received a lot of help in the Credit Repair section and am finally able to make it to Auto Loans. Just in time as car is on its final legs.

I'm trying to purchase a used vehicle and I was wondering if I can get feedback on chances of success with PenFed. I have heard many great things about PenFed and it would be great if I could establish some credit history with them-not to mention have a low interest auto loan. I have already went through the Capital One Auto Navigator and they had pre-qualified me up to $35,000 with rates of 3.45% - 12.54%. 

Current FICO 8 information:

618 Equifax

641 TransUnion

630 Experian

Current FICO Auto Score 8

596 Equifax

640 TransUnion

630 Experian

I had input a few vehicles into Cap1's calculator and for a $30k vehicle it will range between 5.20% for 72 months to upwards of 9.02%.  My question is do you think I would qualify for an auto loan with PenFed? Thank you for your feedback. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Should I attempt PenFed?

It's always possible. They use FICO 9. You scores with them could be higher. GF just got pre-qualified with them yesterday. She still has baddies and collections reporting.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.