Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do this???

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I do this???

Thanks for the post. I have a 621 fico according to merrick bank. I got denied at my CU because it was inside of two years of my bankruptcy. My job is very stable and I've been there for 3 years and I just got hired for a part time weekend job. I may be selling one of my triathlon bikes for $2k so that will help.  

Personal:

Business:

Message 11 of 14
Remember0
Valued Contributor

If your job is stable, I would work on paying that loan off + doing the BTs in your shoes. Especially if you don't have any expected expenses coming up, I wouldn't be afraid to go to 50% util for a while. Just be sure not to use up every last drop of emergency funds you have saved up.

BTW, just to see for hahas, I might also recommend you complete a financing app on Rate Genius. I've seen others with similar profiles get pretty good rates through them. Be warned though this may result in a few INQs, so if you're planning on a mortgage or just hate INQs, the cash+cards route might be the best way to go.

Message 12 of 14
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Is rate genius reputible? I'm not going to be buying another car or home in the next few years so anothe ding may be worth it. Does anyone know if they have any bylaws about dealing with bankrupty's? I tried calling, they aren't open, so I'm going to call tomorrow.

Personal:

Business:

Message 13 of 14
Remember0
Valued Contributor

I haven't heard anything about them specifically relating to BKs. Calling them maybe a good idea. Truth be told, I don't have THAT much info on them. I just know I've seen good results from them for a bunch of people with low 600 scores. Another avenue you could try is Lending Tree, but I feel your credit would get run many more times at Lending Tree since they shoot the app out to a bunch of people.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.