cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I feel bad about wanting to get a $60-70k car?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I feel bad about wanting to get a $60-70k car?

Im on the list 😏 dealers have lists already. You put a deposit... $500-1000 depending on the dealer
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
BMW has 0.9% aprs right now...

I have a 36 month owner's choice loan, when it is up I plan to refinance.

MY CAR IS MY LIFE. These m235i and M2s are RARE!

I listed mine online the other day for more than what I paid for it nine months ago, and I had people wanting to buy it in cash within two hours.

I am so excited for M2!!!!!! My M235i is alpine white with black leather! And I put carbon fiber mirror caps on her 😎 My huge down payment is what helped me!!!

I live in Dallas, and I have seen maybe three other M235is in the whole DFW.

Do it do it! These cars retain their value... They are more of a collector's item... Not like a Toyota Corrola 💁🏼🏃🏽

Ha!  My hubby is after the same one!  He just got a bike 7 months ago so he's NOT getting that car right now!  Smiley Wink  Have the same interior in my X3.  Soon to be an X5 in a yr or two.  Decked the garage out In Nov. for our "rides".  Congrats on your car!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 50
HiFromSeattle
New Contributor

Really? Damn. I mean, I plan on doing European delivery and won't be picking the car up in Germany until June/July/August 2016. Hopefully I won't get screwed.

Message 43 of 50
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@HiFromSeattle wrote:

Really? Damn. I mean, I plan on doing European delivery and won't be picking the car up in Germany until June/July/August 2016. Hopefully I won't get screwed.

That's one thing you have going for you, a year to figure out if you actually want to "invest" the money into a car that can't really be driven properly over here - same goes for A7's, Corvettes, et el.  Note, yes I have driven an A8 on the Autobahn at 240 kph (145+/- mph), but I'd never own one for its high performance factor in the USA.  

Just one last comment and I'm out of this tread..... the two happiest days of a boat owners life are #1 the day he buys his boat and #2 the day he sells his boat (I've owned 3 high performance boats).

Enjoy your new car, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter since they are not paying for it.

Edit; typos

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@HiFromSeattle wrote:

That's one thing you have going for you, a year to figure out if you actually want to "invest" the money into a car that can't really be driven properly over here - same goes for A7's, Corvettes, et el.  Note, yes I have driven an A8 on the Autobahn at 240 kph (145+/- mph), but I'd never own one for its high proformance factor in the USA.  

Just one last comment and I'm out of this tread..... the two happiest days of a boat owners life are #1 the day he buys his boat and #2 the day he sells his boat (I've owned 3 high proformance boats).

Enjoy your new car, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter since they are not paying for it.

The backroads are for driving those high performance cars!  And soooo very true about the boats!  Still wanting a Yellowfin though.  Smiley Sad

Message 45 of 50
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yes...

I really do have those high of credit lines, which is also why I suspect APPROVAL with BMWFS was so easy and painless for me. I could buy that car on two cards. 😏😂 this was my first car loan too.
I am 26 too. Learned almost everything I know from this forum 🙌🏽
The others are right though... I havent had tickets in years; I've been pulled over six times in the last 4 months, and have gotten two speeding tickets. So BE CAREFUL! I did get out of most of the tickets. In fact, I just got pulled over this morning onmy way to get coffee😭 but the cop just warned me and deuced #dallas

This car is so nimble and light, it will beat a corvette- even though a corvette has almost 2x the power.

I really need an old beater car so I can stop driving this one so much 😁
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 46 of 50
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh and for ED, you should get 7% off the MSRP. I want to do ED next, but I dont think I'll have the time. The trip to europe and the savings you get from ED really just come out about the same. I would LOV to drive on the autobahn though. Sometiems I pretend Im on the autobahn on DNT😏
Message 47 of 50
HiFromSeattle
New Contributor

Yeah, I am planning on going to Europe anyways, so it will definitely still save me some money (I am not getting on a waiting list with a deposit because I am 60/40 at this point about getting the car, so I am going to wait until April-ish until I can actually test drive one).

I must ask, with $165k in credit card limits, would you mind ballparking your income? It has to be somewhere around $150-180k, right?

Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiFromSeattle wrote:

Yeah, I am planning on going to Europe anyways, so it will definitely still save me some money (I am not getting on a waiting list with a deposit because I am 60/40 at this point about getting the car, so I am going to wait until April-ish until I can actually test drive one).

I must ask, with $165k in credit card limits, would you mind ballparking your income? It has to be somewhere around $150-180k, right?

Not sure if it's all income with these.  But you would be right for me.  156 and in the summer months, 180k. Smiley Wink

Message 49 of 50
HiFromSeattle
New Contributor

Congrats! Small business owner or is that straight from corporate America?

@Anonymous wrote:

@HiFromSeattle wrote:

Not sure if it's all income with these.  But you would be right for me.  156 and in the summer months, 180k. Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.