Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Pay Lease

tag
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Single Pay Lease

Does anyone know how a Single Pay Lease reports on you credit?

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Re: Single Pay Lease

@Klesko wrote:

Single pay leases typically report with:

Opening amount for the total of payments (total amount of the term multiplied by what the payment would be monthly, not the amount you wrote the chekck for).

Balance due for the total of payments ($0)

The account itself may report as paid/closed or open/$0 balance depending on the bureau and how they identify the data.

Explaination for the first point. Single pay leases are "pre-paid" lease payments. When you pay for the single pay lease, you pay those payments PLUS all other up front fees (taxes, registration and lease acquisition fee by the leasing bank). The payment total will report as the total of payments but not the up front costs.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fury1995 wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

Opening amount for the total of payments (total amount of the term multiplied by what the payment would be monthly, not the amount you wrote the chekck for).

The account itself may report as paid/closed or open/$0 balance depending on the bureau and how they identify the data.

Explaination for the first point. Single pay leases are "pre-paid" lease payments. When you pay for the single pay lease, you pay those payments PLUS all other up front fees (taxes, registration and lease acquisition fee by the leasing bank). The payment total will report as the total of payments but not the up front costs.

+1

Message 3 of 9
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

Thank, I am debating if going this route for a 3rd car makes sense or not. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 4 of 9
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@Klesko wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

I did for my third car myself. Single Pay lease and actually me and the other half had just opened two Ventures and used our cards to meet the spend on both and got $800 bucks back out of it reducing our overall cost for the Single Pay Lease by $800. The total for the single pay was just at $6K.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

Message 5 of 9
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

I did for my third car myself. Single Pay lease and actually me and the other half had just opened two Ventures and used our cards to meet the spend on both and got $800 bucks back out of it reducing our overall cost for the Single Pay Lease by $800. The total for the single pay was just at $6K.

What did you end up getting?

I am debating getting something to keep miles off my Audi S4. I am thinking about something like a Toyata Tacoma, because having a truck around wouldnt hurt. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also get a reduced money factor with a one pay.

Message 7 of 9
MTSN
Regular Contributor

I would suggest trying to put the whole thing on your credit card then PIF immediately to avoid the affect of a new inquiry and new account appearing on your credit. I just put ~$25k on my card for a car with no fee (after negotiating) then PIF.

Message 8 of 9
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Jaguar F-TYPE

YMMV but the One Pay Lease had zero affect on my credit... which is what I intended.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.