Established Member
tweetylove0405

Small Auto Loan

I have found a car that I lik. It is 10,500...i have 2,500 to use as down payment the only thing is that I have to find my own financing. My credit is not A1 so that is why I'm going with a cheaper car. The dealer is not a major franchise car dealership so would I need to go to a bank in order get it financed? Or would santander auto likely finance?

Revelate

Re: Small Auto Loan

tweetylove0405 wrote:

I have found a car that I lik. It is 10,500...i have 2,500 to use as down payment the only thing is that I have to find my own financing. My credit is not A1 so that is why I'm going with a cheaper car. The dealer is not a major franchise car dealership so would I need to go to a bank in order get it financed? Or would santander auto likely finance?

The dealership will still have lenders they can ask.  I would talk to any local credit union as well, you're looking at >20% down and that's solid almost anywhere you go on a used car even if your credit was as bad as mine when I purchased (Auto EX 551).  Santander would certainly finance as well I would expect, but they tend to be more of a last resort option in my opinion.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 703, TU 708, EX 702* (05/30/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+