Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Auto Loan

tag
tweetylove0405
Established Member

Small Auto Loan

I have found a car that I lik. It is 10,500...i have 2,500 to use as down payment the only thing is that I have to find my own financing. My credit is not A1 so that is why I'm going with a cheaper car. The dealer is not a major franchise car dealership so would I need to go to a bank in order get it financed? Or would santander auto likely finance?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Small Auto Loan

@tweetylove0405 wrote:

I have found a car that I lik. It is 10,500...i have 2,500 to use as down payment the only thing is that I have to find my own financing. My credit is not A1 so that is why I'm going with a cheaper car. The dealer is not a major franchise car dealership so would I need to go to a bank in order get it financed? Or would santander auto likely finance?

The dealership will still have lenders they can ask.  I would talk to any local credit union as well, you're looking at >20% down and that's solid almost anywhere you go on a used car even if your credit was as bad as mine when I purchased (Auto EX 551).  Santander would certainly finance as well I would expect, but they tend to be more of a last resort option in my opinion.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.