cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, can a person on long term / permanent disability get a car loan?

tag
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: So, can a person on long term / permanent disability get a car loan?

@MJNTX wrote:

That is pretty much my plan indeed. My income is all being supplied through my employer.  I have considered another attempt at SSI but my disability plan is so strong, and my benefits are excellent. So I will likely just keep things as they are. Thanks for the input.

Yeah its not an easy thing no matter what. I have a terrific long term disibilty policy that i had gotten from my last employer. They did, according to their contract rules rewuire me to apply for ss as well. I have two benifts to being on ss. One, the increases in that are nit deducted from my private policy and two and more important, i was able, after the two and half year waiting period, to get on to medicare. Anyway, good luck with it. Have a disibility and all it entails is tough enough, credit issues can be a real challenge, but are workable. I started having heart attacks when i was 35. Had seven of them that i went to the hospital for, probably a few more before i knew what they were. Being still alive all these years later is a pleasant surprise. Then i lost my left leg above the knee in 2003. Kept working as long as humanly possible, but there comes a time when it is just impossible. As i tell people who ask, any day on the upside of the dirt is a good day. Take care, Chris
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.