cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something weird happened at Toyota concerning my CR...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something weird happened at Toyota concerning my CR...

I was going to see what Toyota could offer me for interest if I financed through them. I was going to get a Yaris or XD yesterday. I left the dealership to think about which car...and they were going to pull my credit. It took 2 1/2 hours to call me back about it. Apparently, I have no credit history! They couldn't even get a score from TU and EQ. They received a response that there was no data for me or something of the sort. The only score and credit history they could get was from EX. My score was 623 and the only thing on it were my student loans. Let me tell you, that is a load of crap. I have plenty of credit history...credit cards in good standing, car loan that was paid off 2 years ago..LOL..even a BK from 7 1/2 years ago, and 2 old collections. I'm so vexed about this. When I pulled my EX on friday, it said i had 638. The one thing I have noticed is that EX score doesn't change as much as what my TU and EQ have been doing even though there is the same info.

Has anybody ever gotten this response??? They wanted to bring down a paycheck stub, proof of address and 5 references so they could resubmit it to Toyota. I took it as a sign that it wasn't time to buy a car. I mean, my wrangler is doing okay. In fact, carmax said it was in good condition and offered me $2500. Ford said they would offer me that as well. At Toyota, I bluffed and said Ford offered me $3500 and that Honda said they would match it. Toyota was like "ok, we'll give you $3500 too". KBB and Black Book say my car is around $4000. Anyway, I'm just rambling now....I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking "was toyota lying to me"...but then again, he said I could come down and he would show me the CR. He was kindof vexed about it too.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Something weird happened at Toyota concerning my CR...

Can you say SPLIT FILE? That could be what it is. I would just go to TC or annual credit dot com and pull your reports and see what you get. If you experience the same thing, call the CB's tomorrow and find out why they have no history on you.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Something weird happened at Toyota concerning my CR...

yeah, i did pull my CR on friday to see my scores and stuff...it was perfectly fine.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.