Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special case, questions about auto loan

tag
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Special case, questions about auto loan

First of all, thanks for reading.

I have posted my detail situation, credit card and credit building questions here :
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Questions-about-capital-one-and-credit-building/td-p/10...

But, I have additional questions in auto loan.

All these years I only spent cash and debit card, I bought a few cars with cash and checks as well. So, I never had a auto loan before. I'm not working for any company as well, I'm a pro poker player and I don't have a w2. I wanna get a 80k car now and I can put about 10-20k down.

My questions are :

1. How do I get an auto loan with thin file credit, no proof of income and never got any auto loan before?
2. If I choose my second option car, which is about 30-40k, is it possible to get full loan?
3. Any loan company, bank or cu that can provide ez financing? So I can try my luck.
4. Please show me a positive way, thanks for all the positive suggestions, thanks!
After years of spending cash, I wanna build some credit
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Special case, questions about auto loan

With a thin credit file, with major derogotory items, and no real use of credit, you are going to find it difficult, if not impossible to obtain a car loan for any amount, forget that much money. Some of the factors that go into a car loan decision:

- Credit history - yours is thin and has major derogs

- Income - you have no reportable income which will almost guarentee an automatic decline

- Job history - you have none to show

IMO, you will need a co-signer with decent credit if you want to obtain a loan.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

What if after i get rid of all the derogs? Do I stand a chance?

Is the proven income a very important part in car loan?

Can someone please tell me what should I do in order to get the loan, I can put more for down payment, I just wanna get loan to build my credit.

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Jchuthemyth wrote:
What if after i get rid of all the derogs? Do I stand a chance?

Is the proven income a very important part in car loan?

Can someone please tell me what should I do in order to get the loan, I can put more for down payment, I just wanna get loan to build my credit.

Thanks

Yes.  I can't imagine anyone loaning you money with no source of income.  Just because you're a poker player doesn't mean you don't have income.  Apparently you've elected not to report that income to avoid paying taxes.  Setting aside whether you are legally or morally obligated to file returns, there are additional consequences to not reporting your income.  A lender is not likely to just take your word for it that you make so much money per year.  Start reporting your income and you will be able to secure more financing in the future. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 6
Jchuthemyth
Valued Member

Ok, I have no w2, guess I will report more income for my 1099 for future home loan
Message 5 of 6
cdtotten
Established Contributor

In short, if you don't claim the income on your tax return, then it is not considered income for any lender. Lenders cannot include earnings you are illegally not claiming on your taxes. Yes, income is a BIG deal when it comes to a loan. If you have no verifiable income, the lending company is going to assume you can't pay it back.

As for a home loan, self-employed individuals are the hardest to get financed, mostly because of the reason you just mentioned... you aren't claiming income. They will use your tax returns to determine your income level, so if you aren't claiming a lot, you will never get a house.

If I were you (this coming from a CPA), I would start to track my income appropriately, make quarterly tax payments on that income so that it doesn't all hit at one time, and file your taxes properly. In addition to the threat of the IRS finding out and auditing you, you will never be able to secure any financing. It just doesn't make sense. I have a poker player who is a tax client - we track everything appropriately and he shows very nice income on his tax filings.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.