Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot delivery with no financing and a free and clear title

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spot delivery with no financing and a free and clear title

We bought a used truck early February 2012 with $2000 down on a $5500 truck.  We had pending financing and of course they allowed us to drive home the truck.  7 days later we received a call telling us we had to sign some more papers we drove to the appointment, waited 45 minutes and were told that our financing wouldn't allow student loans/grants to be used as income so they had to go through Westlake Financial at an interst rate 10% higher.  We were able to come to agreement on the pruchase price of the truck that reduced the payment back to where we had agreed and signed the documents even though we tried to squash the deal and return truck.  They told us that our deposit was non-refundable so we either returned truck and lost $2000 or we signed new deal.  I asked for copies of this new agreement as we had been provided with the first originals at time of purchse.  Finance manager told me they had to be notarized and would be mailed that week.

Three weeks later (now a month since original purchase) we had not recieved a bill or a credit hit on our reports that we monitor for ANY financing we had over 10 inquiries on various days for financing but no credit lines being taken out.  So I called the GM and asked what was going on.  He said that Westlake refused our financing and that they were doing it in house at the dealership.  This in house financing was going to be $10 more a month and would not be reported to credit beurau.   I asked when we would recieve a bill or the new contract that we signed he said he'd mail it in a week.

On April 4th we received a free and clear title from the state of WA in the mail made out to legal owners myself and my husband with no lien holder on the title.  I at this point contacted dealership again and withheld the fact that we had title and asked again where our contract was.  I was told on the 6th of April that our file had been lost.  I called an attorney Monday morning for advice and he told me to try and renegoiate a deal with dealership because we had not agreed to in house financing and to not make any payments until we were satisfied.  

I called dealership on Monday and finally got a return call on Tuesday, I told the customer service woman I have been dealing with since GM will no longer return my calls, that I had the free and clear title and that I wanted our down payment back and an new contract that stated all previous contracts were null and void and that they could have their truck back with less than 100 miles being put on it since we bough it.

She said they'd think about it and let me know.  This has been the worst car buying experience ever and I have no clue what kind of leg we have to stand on.  They want us to meet with them in person to talk it over and to hand back the title.  I want to return truck and think they should agree to my terms before I drive 30 miles to be "bullied" by them again into something I don't want to do.  

This in a major Ford dealership in the area and not a mom and pop shop.  We have yet to make a pyament.  Their in houe financing department payment was due 4/10/12.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Spot delivery with no financing and a free and clear title

I think this has gone beyond where anyone who's not a lawyer can realistically help. 

Document everything in this case, there's three alternatives I see here:

1) You got the truck for $2000 instead of $5500.  Yeah, sucks no financing from a credit perspective but still...

2) You exchange / sell the truck back to them in return for their deposit and various documents.

3) You wind up going through the legal process for some sort of settlement, or in court if you're really unlucky and their lawyer is stupid.

You have the title, apparently free and clear.  If the dealership is remotely competent, they'll simply pick option 1 and call it a day I think, but unfortunately this is a mess.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.