Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Springboardauto.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Springboardauto.com

I am currently looking into purchasing a car and have been doing research on loans for not so good credit. I came across Springboard Auto and did not find anything on the forum about them so I thought i'd share my experience. 

They provide a pre approval by doing a soft pull of Experian Vantage score. I was at 649 and was approved for up to $28k. I went through the process of submitting the cars information I wanted. The total came out to 19k, 17k for the car and 2k for taxes and title fees. They have a very useful interface showing how much is required down and your interest rate. For this car I was required to put $2,750 down at 10% interest. I did check with cheaper cars and some did not require a down. Once that is done they require pay stubs, DL and proof of insurance ( a quote is fine while finalizing the loan but policy must be in place before closing). After everything is verified they will set up a dealer appointment to sign the paperwork. In my case the car I was wanting is being sold by an independent dealership. In this case they are currently in the process of calling them and explaining their finance process to make sure they are okay with it. If the dealership agrees then you pick a date and sign for the car.

No hard pull was done but is required before closing. The car I want is 9 hours away and I did ask one of their reps if the loan was already approved without it before I make the trip, she said everything was good and they just need to contact the dealership.

I thought this would help shoppers find a loan especially since no hard pull is required for pre approval. Customer service was also great so far. They also do refinancing and personal car purchase.

13 REPLIES 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Springboardauto.com

I just checked what I would be approved for and got 45k @ 8%, Smiley Sad!! Didn't realize their max loan was 45k
Message 2 of 14
soccrstar
New Contributor

BOO!

they don't support Massachusettes

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or anyone in the north western part of the US
Message 4 of 14
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Sounds just like Carvana.

Message 5 of 14
boomkattack
Established Member

Thanks for sharing your story! I've read reviews about Springboard and every one of them is positive. It's so encouraging to hear how they work and take care of those with shaky credit. I'll definitely be applying to them once I'm ready to buy a car.

Starting Scores: EQ 573 | TU 562 | EX 574 (7/2017)
Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ 699 (10/2021) | TU 718 (10/2021) | EX 703 (10/2021)
Goal Score: 750+

Amazon Prime Store - $6000 | CapOne Platinum - $1050 | Mission Lane Visa - $750 | Express Store - $750 | JCrew Store - $750 | CapOne Quicksilver - $700 | Forever21 Store - $250
Message 6 of 14
Unplug
Established Member

Don't support Pennsylvania , either. From their site -

"We currently operate in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MD, NE, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, MO, and NM."

Message 7 of 14
valerie4
New Visitor

I just got a loan with Srpingboard.  They were absolutely awesome!  We are self emplyed so no w-2s and they were still a breeze.

I only got a small $15K loan but we were apporved for much more.

Message 8 of 14
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing your journey so far. Please let us know how the final deal works out. 

I hope you can test drive the car before signing on the dotted line.

Message 9 of 14
kiea
Frequent Contributor

I just refinanced my auto loan from Bridgecrest to Springboard and I notice Springboard didn't report on my Equifax report yet but they are on TU & EX.  Do Springboard report to EQ?

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.