cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

So I decided after a year of not having a car and finally getting my credit to where it was somewhat decent I decided to apply for an auto loan for a private party purchase.

2009 BMW M3 - Coupe - Automatic - 40,000 miles.

$40,000 loan, 60 months, prefer 0 down but can put 20% down.

Salary: $90,000 / year

Good: Three open credit cards, one store card and one installment loan.

Bad: 1 Paid Judgement, 1 Paid Collection, 1 Paid Student Loan Collection

Lenders applying with:

Local Credit Union - Approved only for 25K at 9% APR.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans - Will only approve me for $15,000 @ 18% APR :/ **bleep**

U.S. Bank - Denied, don't know what reason until the letter comes.

Chase - Denied, don't know what reason until the letter comes.

Bank of America Auto Loan - Denied, Auto Enhanced Score from Experian: 610

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

Hope your CU can come through!

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 2 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Kratos-TM wrote:

Hope your CU can come through!

Me too! *Crosses Finger*

Message 3 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Interest tidbit, all five lenders I applied with pulled Experian. No EQUIFAX or TRANSUNION was pulled, **bleep**.

Message 4 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tonyjones wrote:

Interest tidbit, all five lenders I applied with pulled Experian. No EQUIFAX or TRANSUNION was pulled, **bleep**.

Welcome to my world living in California Smiley Happy.

Have to hit CU's really to have a shot of targetting a particular report outside your region for something like auto loans.

        
Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!
Message 6 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!

@They wouldn't approve me for all 35K, only 25K @ 9% APR. Time to look for a different car lol all denied me except for my CU and Wells Fargo.

I'm 660 on TU and 640 on EQ but 610 on EX. :/ but they said they use EXPERIAN only.

I can afford a 40K BMW with 0 down but I guess I'm a risk with a thin history and some paid baddies, oh well. Time to buy a car and pay it off in a year.

Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tonyjones wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

@They wouldn't approve me for all 35K, only 25K @ 9% APR. Time to look for a different car lol all denied me except for my CU and Wells Fargo.

I'm 660 on TU and 640 on EQ but 610 on EX. :/ but they said they use EXPERIAN only.

I can afford a 40K BMW with 0 down but I guess I'm a risk with a thin history and some paid baddies, oh well. Time to buy a car and pay it off in a year.

660 TU will get you approved at Infiniti or possibly directly from BMW but not so used and that expensive.

Message 8 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

660 TU will get you approved at Infiniti or possibly directly from BMW but not so used and that expensive.

Will Infiniti pull TU? All the lenders I've applied to pulled EX only.

Message 9 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Infiniti is TU only from my experience.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.