Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,288
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

[ Edited ]

So I decided after a year of not having a car and finally getting my credit to where it was somewhat decent I decided to apply for an auto loan for a private party purchase.

 

2009 BMW M3 - Coupe - Automatic - 40,000 miles.

 

$40,000 loan, 60 months, prefer 0 down but can put 20% down.

 

Salary: $90,000 / year

 

Good: Three open credit cards, one store card and one installment loan.

 

Bad: 1 Paid Judgement, 1 Paid Collection, 1 Paid Student Loan Collection

 

Lenders applying with:

 

Local Credit Union - Approved only for 25K at 9% APR.

 

Wells Fargo Auto Loans - Will only approve me for $15,000 @ 18% APR :/ **bleep**

 

U.S. Bank - Denied, don't know what reason until the letter comes.

 

Chase - Denied, don't know what reason until the letter comes.

 

Bank of America Auto Loan - Denied, Auto Enhanced Score from Experian: 610

 

 

 

     
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 431
Registered: ‎05-23-2013
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

Hope your CU can come through!

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,288
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.


Kratos-TM wrote:

Hope your CU can come through!


Me too! *Crosses Finger*

     
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,288
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

Interest tidbit, all five lenders I applied with pulled Experian. No EQUIFAX or TRANSUNION was pulled, **bleep**.

     
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 14,730
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.


tonyjones wrote:

Interest tidbit, all five lenders I applied with pulled Experian. No EQUIFAX or TRANSUNION was pulled, **bleep**.


Welcome to my world living in California Smiley Happy.

 

Have to hit CU's really to have a shot of targetting a particular report outside your region for something like auto loans.

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 714, TU 8 710, EX 8 724 (05/27/16)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/17)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,676
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,288
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.


Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!

They wouldn't approve me for all 35K, only 25K @ 9% APR. Time to look for a different car lol all denied me except for my CU and Wells Fargo.

 

I'm 660 on TU and 640 on EQ but 610 on EX. :/ but they said they use EXPERIAN only.

 

I can afford a 40K BMW with 0 down but I guess I'm a risk with a thin history and some paid baddies, oh well. Time to buy a car and pay it off in a year.

     
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,676
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.


tonyjones wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!

They wouldn't approve me for all 35K, only 25K @ 9% APR. Time to look for a different car lol all denied me except for my CU and Wells Fargo.

 

I'm 660 on TU and 640 on EQ but 610 on EX. :/ but they said they use EXPERIAN only.

 

I can afford a 40K BMW with 0 down but I guess I'm a risk with a thin history and some paid baddies, oh well. Time to buy a car and pay it off in a year.


660 TU will get you approved at Infiniti or possibly directly from BMW but not so used and that expensive.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,288
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.


Creditaddict wrote:

tonyjones wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:
$40k bleep!!

Go but a brand new Infiniti... They pull TU only here in CA and will tier 1 if they pull over 660.
Don't buy a $40k used BMW with no money down!!! I don't know why your credit is where it is but coming from someone who has made epic credit choices especially car ones you shouldn't buy this car!

They wouldn't approve me for all 35K, only 25K @ 9% APR. Time to look for a different car lol all denied me except for my CU and Wells Fargo.

 

I'm 660 on TU and 640 on EQ but 610 on EX. :/ but they said they use EXPERIAN only.

 

I can afford a 40K BMW with 0 down but I guess I'm a risk with a thin history and some paid baddies, oh well. Time to buy a car and pay it off in a year.


660 TU will get you approved at Infiniti or possibly directly from BMW but not so used and that expensive.


Will Infiniti pull TU? All the lenders I've applied to pulled EX only.

     
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,676
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Started applying for auto loan, my progress.

Infiniti is TU only from my experience.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.