cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Position Maybe Someone Can Give me Some Advice..

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Strange Position Maybe Someone Can Give me Some Advice..

yea im on my Geico user name my quote for my car insurance i actually sign in online and change the coverage ... its just sick i know idk why my insurance is so high i have only had one accident could it be my zip code i live in ... Geico actually is my cheapest i just did a quote with esurance they want 719 a month with 15/30/5 coverage ....
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 11 of 36
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Your doing something wrong. I live in NJ as well and IM only 21 , had my license since I was 17 like evrryone else. Ive also never had my own insurance because Im under my parents car so im in the unexperienced category as well.

The reason I say all that is because recently Ive been getting quotes for a 2013 camaro and they all come anywhere betrween 200-300 a month. Unless you have alot of points , or alot of accidents , then your doing something wrong.

If you do have points , I took an online defensive driving course for 20 bucks and it removed 2 points , literally took an hour.

Otherwise , not sure what the heck is going on with your quotes. Also just so you know always make up stuff on those. Say your car is in a garage , put low miles for travel and say you have good security system on it , those all make a difference.

have no points i have the slighest clue whats wrong with my insurance maybe because i got my license when i was 19 ...

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 12 of 36
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

ya one of the reasons I responded was because you said the state you live in. The one thing I do know for sure is that it has nothing to with NJ or the town you live in. I highly doubt the age thing matters either unless on each quote your putting in your social  , which would be the only way they would know.

ALso , maybe im not reading something right but did you in fact try multiple companies or is that quote only from one.

I would try esurance or njcure ,. those are the cheapest

Message 13 of 36
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

If you can't find cheaper insurance I would look into selling the car before I would get a repo.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 14 of 36
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Can sell a lease sadly and yes i've tried multiple companies geico by far is the cheapest esurance gives me a hell rate ...
Current Cards

Message 15 of 36
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

ya one of the reasons I responded was because you said the state you live in. The one thing I do know for sure is that it has nothing to with NJ or the town you live in. I highly doubt the age thing matters either unless on each quote your putting in your social  , which would be the only way they would know.

ALso , maybe im not reading something right but did you in fact try multiple companies or is that quote only from one.

Age certainly does matter.  You have to put in your birthday to get insurance.

So does the state and the location of the vehicle.  And the fact that the insurance is in your parents name.  Try getting in your own.

Message 16 of 36
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

So does the state and the location of the vehicle.  And the fact that the insurance is in your parents name.  Try getting in your own.

+1

Current Cards

Message 17 of 36
Exonumist
Established Contributor

So I just read through this and I can't beleive insurance costs that much for anybody! Are you sure that your not looking at the six month premium? $1000 a month is insane. 

Message 18 of 36
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

1000% sure i wish there was someway for me to show it to u..

Current Cards

Message 19 of 36
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Love when people respond without reading lol.  My response is based off the fact we are the same age and live in the same state. That is the reason I said the only way it could be different is if he put in the social. The way insurance quotes work is just off an estimate of all the factors. They cant give you a true quote without a social. SO if were both the same age and in same state and im getting dramatically different results , either he is putting in his social and has something wrong on his record or he is doing something wrong.

And who said anything about insurance in parents name , where did he say that at all? lol

Read before commenting because it just comes off stupid

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.