Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange... VW Credit

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Strange... VW Credit

So I was approved for a loan over 48 months at 4.74%. I've just had the paperwork through and signed up online and it says my interest rate is 3.74%, 1% less than I signed for. I ran the figures through the payment calculator on Autotrader and my payments match the lower interest rate? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm certainly not complaining.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange... VW Credit

@breedo wrote:

So I was approved for a loan over 48 months at 4.74%. I've just had the paperwork through and signed up online and it says my interest rate is 3.74%, 1% less than I signed for. I ran the figures through the payment calculator on Autotrader and my payments match the lower interest rate? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm certainly not complaining.

I had it similarly happen when I went through a dealer for financing, the payment and interest rate were slightly lower than I expected; at the dealership at least in my case they simply gave me terms based on what they expected they could get me approved at plus whatever their standard markup is (mandated max of 2% I think).  It wasn't approved immediately as they go loan shopping, and I think that's the case with most dealerships actually.

What likely happened in my case was that the lender came in lower than expected, and as such they had to match based on legal guidelines so I wound up a little less than I originally expected.  In your case if you were going manufacturer financing anyway I'm not sure, but I'd certainly be pleased too in your case heh.

        
Message 2 of 4
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I'm definitely not complaining. It saves me a little bit of money over the course of the loan, every little helps!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.