Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

Strange... VW Credit

So I was approved for a loan over 48 months at 4.74%. I've just had the paperwork through and signed up online and it says my interest rate is 3.74%, 1% less than I signed for. I ran the figures through the payment calculator on Autotrader and my payments match the lower interest rate? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm certainly not complaining.

Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC $17.2k | Citi Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver World MC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Amex Business Platinum | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $3.5k | Spark Visa $8k | Chase BA Visa Sig $7.5k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi AA World MC $2k | Quicksilver MC $5k | Lowe's Store $17k | Walmart Store $3300 | Amazon Store $2500 | J Crew $2600
Revelate

Re: Strange... VW Credit

[ Edited ]

breedo wrote:

So I was approved for a loan over 48 months at 4.74%. I've just had the paperwork through and signed up online and it says my interest rate is 3.74%, 1% less than I signed for. I ran the figures through the payment calculator on Autotrader and my payments match the lower interest rate? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm certainly not complaining.

I had it similarly happen when I went through a dealer for financing, the payment and interest rate were slightly lower than I expected; at the dealership at least in my case they simply gave me terms based on what they expected they could get me approved at plus whatever their standard markup is (mandated max of 2% I think).  It wasn't approved immediately as they go loan shopping, and I think that's the case with most dealerships actually.

What likely happened in my case was that the lender came in lower than expected, and as such they had to match based on legal guidelines so I wound up a little less than I originally expected.  In your case if you were going manufacturer financing anyway I'm not sure, but I'd certainly be pleased too in your case heh.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

I'm definitely not complaining. It saves me a little bit of money over the course of the loan, every little helps!

Barclays Arrival Plus WEMC $17.2k | Citi Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver World MC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Amex Business Platinum | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $3.5k | Spark Visa $8k | Chase BA Visa Sig $7.5k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Citi AA World MC $2k | Quicksilver MC $5k | Lowe's Store $17k | Walmart Store $3300 | Amazon Store $2500 | J Crew $2600
Valued Contributor
Epcot

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+