Reply
Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy

Ah,ok then. That makes sense. As long as it's effectively cash funding that you would be paying anyway, might as well get some rewards on it.

 

At $700 a month going straight to principal, you will never be upside down on this paper.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy


Dustink wrote:

Thank you again for your input. Great having somebody to bounces ideas off of. 

 

What kind of car's do you like buying?

 

I am a fan of AWD. Been looking mostly at Audi's, Infiniti's, Lancer's, and Subaru's. Also, some Acura's and BMW's.


Dyed in the wool BMW devotee. I traded a 2008 535xi in December for a new 750iL. As far as I'm concerned, there is no other car on the market. I love them.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy

Bet that 7 series is comfy.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy


Dustink wrote:

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.


Yea, they do depreciate more quickly than I would like, but part of my compensation package is a car allowance, so the firm is bearing the bulk of the cost for the car. What I personally have in the vehicle I more than recoup at trade.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

Bet that 7 series is comfy.


Like a rolling cloud (albeit a 445hp rolling cloud). I sprang for the Bang & Olufsen setup this time around, and it honestly sounds better than my home stereo does. Say whatever you like about humorless Germans, and I could say plenty, but they flat out know how to build cars. :smileyhappy:

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy


Elcid89 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.


Yea, they do depreciate more quickly than I would like, but part of my compensation package is a car allowance, so the firm is bearing the bulk of the cost for the car. What I personally have in the vehicle I more than recoup at trade.


Even if the firm wasn't reimbursing for the vehicle, sometimes it is worth it if you really enjoy the car.

 

My work provides a few hundred per month for the vehicle, not quite enough to get into a luxury car. I also don't make real good money. Even spending $25k is a bit much. I was thinking about spending less, but I don't want to hate the car.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy


Elcid89 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Bet that 7 series is comfy.


Like a rolling cloud (albeit a 445hp rolling cloud). I sprang for the Bang & Olufsen setup this time around, and it honestly sounds better than my home stereo does. Say whatever you like about humorless Germans, and I could say plenty, but they flat out know how to build cars. :smileyhappy:


Someday you got to check out Audi. The S8 is pretty respectable competition. Both great cars. Big, heavy, and powerful. Legacy= Big, heavy, gutless...lol

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Contributor
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy


Dustink wrote:

Elcid89 wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I was looking into an AWD 328i. Nice car, but the price is high and depreciation sets in quick. Much better fuel mileage than the Subaru, yet still makes good power. Would be nice, but runs about $10k higher.


Yea, they do depreciate more quickly than I would like, but part of my compensation package is a car allowance, so the firm is bearing the bulk of the cost for the car. What I personally have in the vehicle I more than recoup at trade.


Even if the firm wasn't reimbursing for the vehicle, sometimes it is worth it if you really enjoy the car.

 

My work provides a few hundred per month for the vehicle, not quite enough to get into a luxury car. I also don't make real good money. Even spending $25k is a bit much. I was thinking about spending less, but I don't want to hate the car.


True. I'd buy the car anyway, but it's always better if you can do it with someone else's money. :smileyhappy:

 

Remember, you don't make real good money [yet]. You will, so enjoy the ride. You only get to go around once. Nobody ever carved "If only I'd had a little less fun" on their tombstone.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,099
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Subaru Legacy

Anyone else have any more thoughts? I am thinking about signing the paperwork tomorrow.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    


     $17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.