cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Story!? 0% + rebates!

tag
radiusrod

Success Story!? 0% + rebates!

My wife and I purchased a used town and country mini van back in February. I am not a mini van guy, but happy wife, happy life right? Well the used mini van was doing good but the mileage was a little high (91K). I got an email ad from the dealership saying 0% financing OR rebates on new vehicle purchases. So I chewed on it all day and decided we would go look into it. Well long story we showed up at the dealership. She fell in love with a new town and country with 25 miles on it so I decided, hey why not lets take a look and see what we can do. (We had already decided IF we found one there were 3 rules we were going to follow. 1. we HAVE to get 0% 2. we will own this car for a VERY long time 3. be exactly what we want.) So we were sitting there while the salesman was off running credit and what not. I was pretty sure we were not going to be buying becasue my FICO is 655 exp and 644 TU as of 6/13/14, so I didn't think we would get the 0%. So anyway, the salesman comes back and says 611 credit score (I knew it would be lower it always is) but they didn't see any problems as to why it was that low. I have had 1 missed payment in 12 months other than that it's clean. He said he would be right back with more figures as his FO was busy with another.

So anyway we got out of there with a brand new van that we will own for a VERY long time.

0% intrest for 72 months

$2500 in rebates

90 days til 1st payment

36mn/36000 mi warranty

100000 powertrain warrranty

and I got to sit in and start a brand new Dodge Viper

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Success Story!? 0% + rebates!

Great story! Sounds like a win/win!

By the way... Very smart keeping DW happy.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
GooseGirl
Contributor

Congratulations!

I wish that I could deny that happy wife = happy life..... but I can't Smiley Happy I'm pretty good at saying fairly absurd things and keeping a straight face but even I can't pull that one off!

Enoy the new car smell and I'm glad you got to indulge your "manly car urges" with sitting in and starting the Viper. That has to help offset the mini-van a little bit.

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 3 of 6
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 6
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats, should have told the guy to draw up some papers on the new Viper Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure your wife is a happy camper now! Good job on securing 0% and the rebates! 

Message 5 of 6
coterotie
Established Contributor

Bought my wife an '06 Town and Country right after Katrina.  She was never happy driving it, said it was too much of a "mom bomb" so two years ago got tired of the complaining and bought her a BMW X3.  Traded in my Suburban on it.  So I now drive the T & C.  She now hates the way the BMW rides, she hates the way my son's Yukon rides.  All the cars in the family make her car sick --- except for the mini-van.  My son won't drive the mini-van, would literally rather walk to work.  So I tool around in a vehicle that still looks brand new, has every conceivable option, more room inside than my son's Yukon, seating for 7 and a nice ride.  The only thing it won't do is pull our boat.  BUt I keep that on the trailer at the Marina and they have it in the water with fuel bait beer and ice 20 minutes from my call.  I don't look cool pulling the rods out of it, but they also don't get stolen out of the back of a pickup truck either.

The mini-van is the most practical car you will ever own.  Good job.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.