Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Such a dumb question- I know but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Such a dumb question- I know but...

Am I supposed to sign the back of the check my bank sent me for lease buyout? It seems from the language written on the back of the check- but since it’s obviously made out to the original lender- I just want to make sure I do everything correctly. Thanks as always (and I hope this gave you a bit of a chuckle- maybe an eye roll lol).
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Such a dumb question- I know but...

You're safe...no eye rolls here  =)

If the check is made out to the original lender you should not sign the back. That's for them to sign or stamp. 

Message 2 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

However, if it is made out to both of you, sign it and mail it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope- payable to the leasing company. Was just confused because there is a little blurb on the back which says “we acknowledge the terms and conditions as stated in the truth in lending disclosure and promise to pay psecu the sum shown on the face of this autocheck etc... Which makes it seem like I am the one who should sign. I get very nervous when it comes to working with large sums of money 😆
Message 4 of 5
bub098

We just refinanced 2 cars and purchased a new one thru PSECU and we signed the back of the checks. Had no problems at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.