New Visitor
themykel

TU Approval only on loan?

Who should I apply with for the best car loan out there? TU has the best score right now (although in a month they should all raise) but I want to take advantage of some of the rebates currently out there. Who is the best place to apply that will ONLY pull TU?

EQ 593

EX 593

TU: 683

The disparate amount is because I had a collection showing on two of them and not on the third (this has been resolved but I don't WANT to wait even though I will if need be)

New Visitor
themykel

Re: TU Approval only on loan?

Forgot to mention that I live in Portland, Oregon

Established Contributor
cdtotten

Historically, Honda primarily pulls TU only. Occasionally people are posting that they are pulling EQ on them, but usually TU.

You can always call the dealership and ask the F&I guy. He will tell you what they pull.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
themykel

Are there any non-dealership car loans that are TU only? Honda isnt really what I was looking for

Established Contributor
cdtotten

Non dealerships will usually pull different reports in different regions of the country, and may pull all 3. Your best bet is to go look at the Auto Approvals thread on this website and take a look through.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

New Contributor
BundiFan

[ Edited ]

Ally who use to be GMAC pulls TU for the most part as well.  They cover GM, Chrysler and Saab products.  You can go to their website and see their rates.  I was even thinking of aping with before going to a dealership so they dealership can't play their little finance games with me.

Starting Score: 625
Current Score: 761
Goal Score: 750

New Contributor
Varakai

[ Edited ]

BundiFan,

I can not help you with your original question but can say that having been pre approved before walking in to the dealership is a great feeling! However, do let the dealer pull your credit as they can do some amazing things. I was approved for a used car loan by Bank of America @ 4.9%. After some research I told the dealer which car I wanted via an email and how much I wanted to pay for the car out of the door. When I showed up at the dealer a week later, looked at the car, did test drive etc, it was time to make the purchase and I was asked if I needed financing. I said no and the finance girl told me that if I didn't mind having one more hard inquiry on my report, she was pretty sure that she could beat my 4.9%. So I let her and sure enough, got 3.49% for a used car loan with a local bank they do business with. So I got the car I wanted for the invoice price i wanted, the loan term I wanted and at a much lower interest rate...

Starting Score: 500’s
Current Score: EQ Fico 707 TU Fico 737 TU08 Fico (Wal-Mart)736 EX Fico 733
Goal Score: 760+

Established Member
DJH87

Mercedes Benz Financial pulls Transunion.

Super Contributor
marty56

Check with local CUs and ask which CRA they pull from.  Safer than asking a dealer.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+