Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me if this idea is crazy....

tag
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Tell me if this idea is crazy....

haha, I've felt that way before.  I mean, 15% on an auto loan was like stepping off into the abyss in  a way.  I knew I would be spinning wheels to pay the interest each month and would end up paying WAAAAY too much for that car if I didn't either get it refinanced soon or double my payments each month.  I was also concerned about what fture lenders might think of me for accepting such a high rate on an auto loan.  Would they think I'm reckless or too impatient to wait until more scores would give a better %?  I  had needed a decent car, having had junkers for so long because I was afraid of incurring any debt.

In the end, the CU who refinanced me for 2.75% was only too eager to help and didn't hold it against me. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd gladly pay 15% if I knew I could refinance shortly after
Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read through this whole thread hoping at some point that you would mention what kind of bike you want, just because I am curious. I have had a million sport bikes, and never financed one. Seriously, you can get some pretty cheap bikes without financing anything. Save a couple grand and get something that you can pay cash for. I was spending about $100/week in gas diriving my Jeep to work. Started riding my 954RR instead and my gas bill went down to $15/week. Unless you are dead set on going into debt for a brand new bike, there is really no reason to do so. They are a dime a dozen.

Message 43 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a suzuki boulevard, and I'm not interested in waiting while saving. I spent the whole summer learning how to fix carbs and fixing up an 80s gs250 and then I finally threw in the towel and decided it wasn't worth putting another penny into, and I'm pissed cuz I could have taken that money time and energy and could have found a running bike that I'd be riding right now. I'll save as much as I can over the next few months and if I can find a bike for that amount that is gonna be reliable I'll do that, I'd rather do that. But if summer gets here and all I can find are 2000 dollar bikes that I'm gonna have to fix within a month of purchasing, we'll i'd rather take on debt than deal with another piece of crap.
Message 44 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I want a suzuki boulevard, and I'm not interested in waiting while saving. I spent the whole summer learning how to fix carbs and fixing up an 80s gs250 and then I finally threw in the towel and decided it wasn't worth putting another penny into, and I'm pissed cuz I could have taken that money time and energy and could have found a running bike that I'd be riding right now. I'll save as much as I can over the next few months and if I can find a bike for that amount that is gonna be reliable I'll do that, I'd rather do that. But if summer gets here and all I can find are 2000 dollar bikes that I'm gonna have to fix within a month of purchasing, we'll i'd rather take on debt than deal with another piece of crap.

Hey I don't blame you! Carbs are a *****! I guess I never think much about it because my boyfriend is a mechanic so I just kind of let him deal with that. Come to think of it, I have probably taken him for granted. I should go tell him thanks.

Good luck on whatever route you choose. My brother once had a Boulevard and if I remember correctly, I think he liked it a lot. Ride safe!

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.