Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tell me if this idea is crazy....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tell me if this idea is crazy....

@Anonymous wrote:
The only discussion I've had with the cu was asking if I could apply for an auto loan and a credit card with the same HP.... I just checked the cap1 page and it gave me quicksilver and "we also suggest" venture

id take the quicksilver and close open sky in replace. it won't graduate, you don't need to pay fees.

How long have you had the amex?

Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my first statement for amex, and I have a walmart Mastercard on the way thats been reporting since November 1st
Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart gave me a limit of 1800 but I was hoping to get an increase when I activate it
Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was gonna keep the opensky and close it before the next time I get charged a fee, figure it's not doing any harm, why not get a year long positive TL out of it
Message 24 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll have to understand my hesitancy in loading up on inqs a few months before I want to try and buy a bike. I already had citi tell me I have too many inqs
Message 25 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Walmart gave me a limit of 1800 but I was hoping to get an increase when I activate it

I would do the chat feature online once you get the card for CLI.

You don't have to worry about inq to much when it comes to auto and most likely the bike loan but you have some decent cards to build with now.

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really want a bike. Walk into dealership. Go through pricing. After agreement on price do paperwork for financing. Be ready to sign paperwork at 3-8% interest and take bike away

Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most auto loans care only about not having repos and DTI. Hell I got 1.9% no money down on a 16 Escape with a 638 EX score (which was my highest at the time). 

Just saying, if you have the income, they will approve you. 

Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gross about 35k, no debt besides what's on my CCs, which I would have clear at the time I apply, and My rent and utilities is like 450 a month.... I'm not rich but I could certainly afford a monthly payments, and actually the bike would save me so much in gas itD probably pay for a portion of itself
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I gross about 35k, no debt besides what's on my CCs, which I would have clear at the time I apply, and My rent and utilities is like 450 a month.... I'm not rich but I could certainly afford a monthly payments, and actually the bike would save me so much in gas itD probably pay for a portion of itself

How much is the bike your planning to get? Just to let you know. My nephew bought a bike a year ago. Honda CBR 600 OTD was about 9800. He couldn't get finance through dealership. At time he had score in the 670 range with a 60k income and no housing payment was still living with his parents. He's was only 24 at time. He was upset and got a new credit card and pay for bike with credit card. He got one of those 0% credit card and paid it off in 17 months. Not sure maybe they don't like giving out bike loan because if rider get into accident they won't get money back?

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.