Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think we will get denied

tag
sok454
Established Member

Think we will get denied

So I had gotten my scores up to about 650 in the last 6 months... paid off a bunch of debt etc.   Well I get a myfico notice that my score has fallen to 564 because my ex-wife missed a payment on a cc that I am still listed on.  Of course we are now in the process of looking for a car... and i'm afraid we will be denied when we go to apply for the credit.  So annoyed.

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: Think we will get denied

Is the card a "joint" account, or are you only AU?

Message 2 of 7
sok454
Established Member

It is a joint account that she will not close.  I also show up on a discover card that has 6k on it that she has.   So annoying.

Starting Score: 596
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
guydiver
Established Contributor

Contact the credit card company, try to GW the late payment.  You need to get that card closed because you are going to be liable for it as long as it remains open, and until it is paid off.  Otherwise, to protect your credit, you will have to make certain that payments on the account are kept up to date until it is paid and closed, or forever....whichever comes first.

Message 4 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 7
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Find a new wife.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 6 of 7
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

LoL @Dabrian

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.