Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about getting a new BMW 6 series

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about getting a new BMW 6 series

So I've always loved the BMW 6 series and wanted to get one. Right now I have no credit at all but I do have a steady job and can afford to put a reasonable down payment and can afford to pay a monthly payment of around 1K (I can pay more than that, but I'm not because any car loan more than 1K is stupid) I'm thinking about using BMW select which can have a cheaper monthly payment. My local dealer is HUNGRY for customers lol, I'm sure they will approve me no matter what. I just want to know the possible/approximate monthly payment and interest rate they will offer me. Which I am ready for a sky rocket high number lol Smiley Happy I really like this car. I know as long as you have a paying job with no bad history, you're gonna get approved that's for sure. I've seen people working at Walmart driving a brand new BMW SUV lmao. Only thing to worry about is if you can afford the payments they offer you. Heck my mom has a crappy credit with a whole bunch of bad history and even that she got approved for a brand new Mercedes. Only the down payment and interest rate is very high. They wanted her to pay a down payment of around 10K (due to her very low credit score (around 400 - 500) and a bunch of awful credit histories.)

If she did pay then the deal is done! she can drive the car off the lot, but that's crazy so she didn't take it. So getting approved is not the problem, I just wanna know the numbers. Thanks! If it is wayyy too high, which I'm sure it probably will be, then I'll just go for a lower end model. I just hate the idea of entry level luxury cars, to be honest, it's just a name given to make you feel better. Those cars are not even close to luxury. You can look around and find a Honda, Toyota or Chevy for the exact same price lol. I remember reading a quote somewhere and I've never seen a better description. It said" Driving an entry level luxury car is like buying a tiny key chain from a designer brand" lol!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking about getting a new BMW 6 series

Cool questions and statements.

I'm gonna get an 2016- 2017 M6 this year or an 2016-17 650 MSport and the payments will probably be around that price but myfico scores are 700+ and BMW is going to instantly approve me. I wanted to lease the Maserati Ghibli but im afraid they will not approve me because I never had a lease/finance before. I really dont care anymore as you have one life to live just as long as you can pay. 

As far as your concerned what year are you trying to get? also what about leasing? BMW Select etc etc 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks Smiley Happy yeah with that credit score they definitely will approve you. And I agree very much, you only live once, do whatever you like. Spend your whole monthly income on your favorite car if you want as long as you like it and can pay it! and to answer your question, I'm thinking about a 2016 MY. Very few local dealers have the new 2017 MY in stock right now since there are tons of 2016 MYs left. I've already made plans that if the numbers for a 6 series is too high then I'll downgrade to the new 5 series. It's coming out around Feb. and I love the new display key it comes with. Just like the 7 series. As far as Maserati... I'm sure they are gonna be way more strict as to approving people since you know...it's Maserati lol. But a Ghibli you might have a much better chance. Why not visit the dealer and give it a try? doesn't hurt and you might just drive out of the lot in a Mazi Smiley Happy And also I'm doing BMW select. I'm never gonna lease because it's a major waste of money and most importantly, mileage restriction. I don't know how people are comfortable with that, you buy a new car you like to drive around right? What's the difference than borrowing other people's car to drive if you're gonna have to constantly watch the mileage. Just no. I wanna drive around a lot and go wherever I like and want CAREFREE. That's what a car is for lol. And that's just a few to mention. It's mostly for people that can't afford to finance. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha thanks Smiley Happy yeah with that credit score they definitely will approve you. And I agree very much, you only live once, do whatever you like. Spend your whole monthly income on your favorite car if you want as long as you like it and can pay it! and to answer your question, I'm thinking about a 2016 MY. Very few local dealers have the new 2017 MY in stock right now since there are tons of 2016 MYs left. I've already made plans that if the numbers for a 6 series is too high then I'll downgrade to the new 5 series. It's coming out around Feb. and I love the new display key it comes with. Just like the 7 series. As far as Maserati... I'm sure they are gonna be way more strict as to approving people since you know...it's Maserati lol. But a Ghibli you might have a much better chance. Why not visit the dealer and give it a try? doesn't hurt and you might just drive out of the lot in a Mazi Smiley Happy And also I'm doing BMW select. I'm never gonna lease because it's a major waste of money and most importantly, mileage restriction. I don't know how people are comfortable with that, you buy a new car you like to drive around right? What's the difference than borrowing other people's car to drive if you're gonna have to constantly watch the mileage. Just no. I wanna drive around a lot and go wherever I like and want CAREFREE. That's what a car is for lol. And that's just a few to mention. It's mostly for people that can't afford to finance. 

I too am setting myself up to get a bmw. I was thinking m6 or 650 but they will charge you a 1500 gas guzzler tax. It must waste too much for my taste. So I think I'm going for the m4. I been looking at my options and I think a 84 month term will be the lowest payment option but I haven't done the numbers yet. I'm getting a house and the car at the same time. I'm still renting so I can't do anything until I get the house. Still doing my homework. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a my ?

Message 5 of 10
happypill
Valued Contributor

First of all, let me say I would advise you to really consider your financial priorities because there are endless stories here on myFICO of peopel who get themselves into hot credit water and spend years and years digging themselves out (in fact, I'd say that's the biggest reason most people find this site).

To answer your question of "how much will I pay each month" you need to provide a few pieces of basic information.  How much will the car cost that you're looking at (along with any down payment you plan to make)?  What is there interest rate you'll be paying (or provide your scores and people can help you estimate your rate)?  What loan term are you looking at (how many years or months)?  You can then just punch those numbers into any auto payment calculator.

So, for example, if the BMW 6 series you're looking at will sell for $100,000, your rate is 10% and you borrow for 72 months (6 years), the monthly payment would be $1,853.  If you make a $25k down payment and reduce the loan to $75k, the monthly payment would be $1,389.  If you could also get 0% financing with that price and down payment, the monthly payment would be $1,042 per month.

You didn't say anything specific about your credit so I'm taking a wild guess based on your general description and speculate that you wouldn't qualify for the super low rates of 2-3% available from some credit unions.  Obviously, the cost of the car will depend on what you buy, and you could try extending out the loan term to 7 or 8 years or longer.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have owned several BMW's and currently own one.  The 650 depreciates quite rapidly which makes them a good car to buy used.  Rather than taking that big depreciation hit you might want to consider a one or two year old 650, BMWFS offers great financing on them.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill
Bmw often has promos better than what CU offer depending on the consumers credit. I got 0.9% thru Bmwfs for my vehicle.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are lot of options where you can get some detailed leasing information about the car that you want. Just like you who is new in car leasing too, I gathered different information, compared them and decided to choose the best car that is perfect to my budget of course.  Now, I have my 2017 BMW 5 Series 530i for just $579 monthly. How did I get it? With the help of the useful information I gathered online, and of course contacting the car leasing agent directly from DSR Leasing. Just like you, I believe that you can make it too. Just first identify what car model and make that you want and then start to search online for car leasing. On that case, you can find useful information about it and you can direct message the car leasing agent or dealer about your quotations. Hope this helps you :-)

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I am about to apply through bmwfs for the exact same car (530i). How do you like it? And you should read and address my recent post on bmwfs procedure if you have a moment. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.