cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about purchasing a car soon...

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking about purchasing a car soon...

@zeusta20 wrote:

oh yea, thats already a given.lol. Once I get a car, I plan on making extra payments.

I am not sure if USAA offers loans to non-military. I would check them out whether you are a member or not.

Having a low rate pre-approve before walking into the dealer is a great tool.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 14
zeusta20
Established Contributor

I was actually thinking about that. Either USAA or NFCU. I'm sure I can find a way in some how. I have plenty of family thats in the military or USED to be.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 12 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

I was actually thinking about that. Either USAA or NFCU. I'm sure I can find a way in some how. I have plenty of family thats in the military or USED to be.

Oh, your set then. If you can get a CSP. Then you can get an auto loan from one of them.

A basic USAA membership doesn't require anything. A full USAA membership requires one of your parents to have one of their insurance products.

NFCU, lots of ways in.

I hope that personal loan is on your credit report. Get it paid off. Save some money. Make sure you cc balances are low. Then wait a month and apply.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 14
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

Oh, your set then. If you can get a CSP. Then you can get an auto loan from one of them.

A basic USAA membership doesn't require anything. A full USAA membership requires one of your parents to have one of their insurance products.

NFCU, lots of ways in.

I hope that personal loan is one your credit report. Get it paid off. Save some money. Make sure you cc balances are low. Then wait a month and apply.

Yea! Thats what I'm currently in the process of doing. I don't want to get a car yet because I don't like to have multiple bills all at once. If I can regulate and manage the amount of money going out to bills, I'd rather do that. So I'm trying to pay off my PL first before anything. Or at the VERY LEAST, half of it.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.