cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about purchasing a new (used) car... USAA pre-approved auto loan?

tag
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Re: Thinking about purchasing a new (used) car... USAA pre-approved auto loan?

ohh, that interiore looks nice (imho).

I actually don't own that steam extractor anymore (failed weekend car detailing buisness...lol). It was a Mytee.

I now own

Bissel Auto-Mate corded vacuume: http://www.bissell.com/auto-mate-corded-hand-vacuum/

Bissel AutoCare ProHeat 1425-6: http://www.bissell.com/autocare-proheat-deep-cleaner/

I own a Dirt Devil vacuume for the house, but these two Bissel also work fine around the house. I prefer corded vacuumes, because in my past experience the cordless vacuumes only last 5-10 minutes, and thats on a 24 hour charge.

When all you do is use a cleaner on stains and dry vac you aren't removing dirt that is down in the carpet. These little extractors get most of the junk out. First, I must say, the Bissel doesn't work as good as a heavy duty hot water extractor, but those are 6 times the price for their "entry level" products (go to Mytee's and Duramaid's website for price shock). I personally find that the Bissel does a good job! Its not a true "steam heater", afterall "you get what you pay for" and being its $100 ($90 with coupon). It does heat the water which helps.

Bissel's cleaning agent is good, but for stuburn stains I recommend a good old fashioned scrub down with a soft brush and warm cloth wrag (be careful with carpet fabric). Using a quality chemecial like Wolite, Resolve, Folex, and DP carpet spotter are all good (I like Folex and DP the best). I don't like any of those auto part store cleaners.

In my experience, the key to cleaning cloth/carpet is in the preperation and dwell time.

Message 11 of 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Thinking about purchasing a new (used) car... USAA pre-approved auto loan?

Thanks, good advice. I will look into getting a small mytee.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.