Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of DCU

tag
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Thinking of DCU

Hi Everyone,

I'd like a little bit of advice.  After reading the threads here on DCU, I am thinking of leaving the garden to join.  My scores are EX 637 EQ 649 TU 653.  My current loan is with Cap 1 @ 9.06%.  According to the calculator on their site, I could either save $60 a month on my payment with the same term, or go up $14 and have it paid off a year sooner.  Does anyone know what scores are required to get the 1.24%?  Should I go for it?

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Thinking of DCU

Message 2 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

You'll need +675 in EQ for their 1.24% rate. 

You also need to be a member with the checking and auto draft, otherwise it's 0.50% more. I got the "1.24%" rate but it's 1.74% because I don't have the checking and such. 

Message 3 of 9
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Thanks Lexie.  I don't think I'll be able to get there in time (i.e. this week lol).  We are going to do a mortgage in January, so if I apply, I'll have to do it now so I'd have no new accounts for 6 mo. What to do, what to do....

Message 4 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@prettylady wrote:

Hi Everyone,

@I'd like a little bit of advice.  After reading the threads here on DCU, I am thinking of leaving the garden to join.  My scores are EX 637 EQ 649 TU 653.  My current loan is with Cap 1 @ 9.06%.  According to the calculator on their site, I could either save $60 a month on my payment with the same term, or go up $14 and have it paid off a year sooner.  Does anyone know what scores are required to get the 1.24%?  Should I go for it?

But yes, it's worth it to go from 9% to 1.24%. 

Message 5 of 9
ambivalent
Established Contributor

@DrZoiberg wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

You'll need +675 in EQ for their 1.24% rate. 

You also need to be a member with the checking and auto draft, otherwise it's 0.50% more. I got the "1.24%" rate but it's 1.74% because I don't have the checking and such. 

Gotcha.  I don't mind opening up an account there.  I saw on some thread that direct deposits hit 2 days early...that would be great.  I have USAA and get them a day early...an extra day would be awesome.

Message 6 of 9
had2978

I was told 680 EQ when I applied at  a local DCU branch for a car loan, I barely made it with a 692 score...

Message 7 of 9
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Aw...okay.  Maybe I'll call or something.  I'm not near 680 on EQ.  Thanks everyone!

ETA:  Just got off the phone with DCU.  I was told with my score, the rate would be 4.24% or 3.74% with direct deposit and auto wd.  That's not too bad...better than 9%!

Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@prettylady wrote:

Aw...okay.  Maybe I'll call or something.  I'm not near 680 on EQ.  Thanks everyone!

ETA:  Just got off the phone with DCU.  I was told with my score, the rate would be 4.24% or 3.74% with direct deposit and auto wd.  That's not too bad...better than 9%!

Remember, two HP's on EQ.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.