Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on which way is better......

tag
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Thoughts on which way is better......

So we (family) have to go back to China (her home town) in a couple months because of an ill relative. This trip will cost me no less than $6800.00 for all the air far and hotel charges round trip even though we are staying with family once there. She just started working after getting her green card and takes the local train to her job 10-3 M-Sat job but doesnt drive. She will however get her license in the next month. I dont want her to work full time unless she can drive herself because she then gets off at 11pm and the area isnt the safest for women. I cant go get her because I get up at 5 am and we dont get back till 11:30 normally and this timing just kills me.

So given the amount we have to drop on the trip it will suck most of the money we have saved. She needs a car......and most everyone wants a down payment plus TTL. The TTL and probably an additional $1000 would be doable but not the 2-3K most people want. My scores range from 605-630 and moving up so we would have to use my credit to purchase anything. She (being frugal) wants to lease something thats offering a no money down deal for 2 years or so. I have no problem with that but feel the low 600 scores will kill any no down deal, true ?

Since we need to buy the tickets now and also need to buy a car now its just not feasible to do both. My income to debit can afford me a $600-700.00 monthly payment but I dont want that and we really wanted to be under $300. Has anyone else had a similar situation and if so what was your end result.

Also, I have a company vehicle that she cant drive no matter what. We will also be moving right before the proposed trip and her job will require most likely a 30 minute commute and with living in AZ the car needs to be reliable with working A/C.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post also.

John

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Thoughts on which way is better......

Can she drive your car while you drive the company car?

Message 2 of 3
JOHNINAZ
New Contributor

Re: Thoughts on which way is better......

My car is the company car which I am allowed to drive for both business and personal use. So we dont have another vehicle.

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 645,630,615
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.