Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Apply or Not...

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: To Apply or Not... - UPDATE!

I bit the bullet and applied... I was approved! I asked for $16k and got $21k. The terms are not awesome, so hopefully the dealer can beat Cap One's offer.

Model Year Annual Percentage Rate (APR)

2012 or newer5.48%
20115.49%
2010 - 20096.06%
2008 - 20067.01%
Message 11 of 13
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: To Apply or Not... - UPDATE!

The dealer will probably beat their rates but it's nice to have the preapproval as a starting point. Remember rates on used cars are going to be higher for everybody than the rate on new cars. Doesn't matter what credit score you are dealing with. The bank just assumes there is more risk in a used car.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 13
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: To Apply or Not...

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy with the rates, but I guess I was hoping they'd be just a tad lower. I was with a friend last week and he got his 2011 TSX for 2.4%, but my credit is nowhere as good as his.

Do you think I should just keep quite about the preapproval and let the dealer pull my report and only reveal my preapproval if the rate they're offering is higher than my Cap 1? Or would they think that I'm messing with them? I feel like most dealerships try to trick you into buying unnecessary crap with your car, so why shouldn't I practice my own little trickery? Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.