Did you mean: 

To buy now or not to.

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: To buy now or not to.

Have you checked out the Acura MDX?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 29
voidman
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

That is a good car sir! Looking at it. 

I will take a look at this and highlander tomorrow and see if they are fit the need. MDX is on the luxury side... not a requirement but will check it out. 

-void
Message 22 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@voidman wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That is a good car sir! Looking at it. 

I will take a look at this and highlander tomorrow and see if they are fit the need. MDX is on the luxury side... not a requirement but will check it out. 

I'd also recommend checking out the QX60. I wasn't a fan of the hybrid system, but liked the rest of the car.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 23 of 29
voidman
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I'd also recommend checking out the QX60. I wasn't a fan of the hybrid system, but liked the rest of the car.

Thanks again, the inifinities are bit luxury to my liking... they are good no doubt but I am going to keep the car out of the door cost less than 45k. 

Anyways, I have pretty much narrowed down to Highlander.. Went to the local toyota dealer to take a look and they said they are sold out. 

Will be going there sometime latter this week to take another look. 

-void
Message 24 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@voidman wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Thanks again, the inifinities are bit luxury to my liking... they are good no doubt but I am going to keep the car out of the door cost less than 45k. 

Anyways, I have pretty much narrowed down to Highlander.. Went to the local toyota dealer to take a look and they said they are sold out. 

Will be going there sometime latter this week to take another look. 

Not trying to be pushy with the Infiniti's, but the dealer I talked to was talking $9k under MSRP.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you plan on keeping for 10yrs go with a Hyundai Santa Fe, 7 passengers seating with so many features to choose from. I work for a Hyundai dealer and there are some great incentives 1.9 up to 60 mo. Even the most decked out Ultimate package is around 40k MSRP which you can definitely work down

Why are you recommending a Hyundai for longevity, the warranty they offer? They have some of the lowest numbers in terms of vehicles that have made it to the ten year mark. You can say "they are better now", but why risk it with a guess when you can go with another auto maker with a reputation for longevity?

But I will say the new genesis has some nice seats...not trying to be rude, just looking for more details to back your recommendation.

Here in our area we have a lot of "older folk" that tend to keep their cars for a long time. I have taken many Hyundais in trade where theyre 7-10years in ownership and the miles arent even close to the 100k mile mark. I have also had some people just come in for service and tell me how much they have saved using the warranty. (Not saying its the best brand out there but I can feel good recommending it)

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

I am going by this list http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Affordable-Midsize-SUVs/

The list has Hundai Santa Fe at the top (2nd place), something to consider, but I have kinda narrowed down to Highlander. 

edit: Fixed typo, 'by' not 'buy' (english!) 

I wonder why they left reliability out when they tested those.

I am guessing since its a new body style that has only been out for a year

Message 27 of 29
voidman
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Not trying to be pushy with the Infiniti's, but the dealer I talked to was talking $9k under MSRP.

The infinity QX60 is good... and luxury... but I feel that they are touching the van size, my first impression on it was that It looked like a van with swing door instead of sliding door. It is expensive... this is where the need vs luxury of 45k is pushing a bit. I will skip that model for the sake of need vs luxury car. 

Thanks.

-void
Message 28 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@voidman wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

The infinity QX60 is good... and luxury... but I feel that they are touching the van size, my first impression on it was that It looked like a van with swing door instead of sliding door. It is expensive... this is where the need vs luxury of 45k is pushing a bit. I will skip that model for the sake of need vs luxury car. 

Thanks.

I am passing on Infiniti for similar reason's and going with a Subaru. They don't have a vehicle with a 3rd row, nor would I suggest them for reliability.

Let us know when you close the deal Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.